Rehabilitation Registered Nurse PRN
The Inova Rehab Nurse provides hands-on care, coordinates nursing care activities with other members of the team, and identifies educational activities needed to help patients progress through the rehabilitation process. Education efforts reinforce skills learned in the therapies as well as focus on the following areas:
o Disease or injury specific information
o Blood pressure monitoring
o Blood sugar monitoring
o Skin care
o Bowel and bladder management
o Medications and treatments
· Provides direct nursing care to spinal cord injured, traumatic brain injured, post cerebral vascular accidents, and debilitation patients in Inova’s rehab program.
· Must work collaboratively with the rehab team to provide a therapeutic rehab experience for our patients.
· Administers medications and intravenous therapy with the ability to assess the indication, appropriate dosing, and effects of the medication using proper patient identification.
· Uses established protocols or practices to assess an individual’s function and health management needs.
· Collaborates with the client, family, and interdisciplinary team to develop a plan of care.
Inova: Inova’s mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve.
- Inova is the only health system in the country where all 5 hospitals received five-star rankings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; they are the only hospitals in the Washington, DC region to have earned the highest rating from the federal agency. Inova is home to prominent clinicians and scientists, who drive innovation to improve patient care, prevent disease and promote wellness.
Job Requirements :
At least one year of Registered Nurse clinical experience
- BLS for Healthcare Provider certification required.
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN
- Education: BSN or MSN or if Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
- Complete BSN within 24 months of start date.
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills
For Internal Use: IND1