Behavioral Health Therapist 3
Job DescriptionAs a Behavioral Health Therapist 3 at Life with Cancer, you will serve as a clinical leader and demonstrate the ability to assess and diagnose mental health and/or substance use disorders through a bio/psycho/social department specific and evidenced based assessment identifying patient and family goals and needs. To help achieve our mission, you will integrate assessments using information related to cultural, clinical, ethnic, age and other factors into the plan of care. Providing a range of therapeutic interventions, psycho-educational programming and behavioral interventions (when indicated) to assist the patient/family in achieving the goals and objectives of the individualized service plan is required. Your ability to provide care management to ensure the patient and family receive and are subsequently referred to appropriate healthcare and community resources to optimize treatment/intervention outcomes is of vital importance. Adhering to Inova Health System's Culture of Safety and participating in maintaining a professional culture throughout the organization is expected.
- Provides care coordination to assure that the patient and family receive and are subsequently referred to appropriate healthcare and community resources to optimize treatment/intervention outcomes. When indicated by role, participates in patient and community psychoeducational programs and facilitates support groups for specified disease processes related to mental health, substance use disorders, medical diagnosis and chronic or life limited illnesses while assisting with community outreach as needed.
- Provides documentation and performs administrative functions appropriate to clinical role.
- Adheres to Inova Health System's Culture of Safety and participates in maintaining a professional culture throughout the organization.
- Strives to increase professional knowledge and develop expertise. Practices within the Code of Ethics.
- Participates in staff meetings and professional committees as assigned.
- Serves as a clinical leader by providing clinical supervision to team members seeking licensure as well as supervision/mentoring of graduate students during clinical internships. Works collaboratively with faculty liaison and/or clinical supervisor as appropriate.
- Serves as mentor to new staff.
EDUCATION: Master's Degree, PhD, PsyD, EdD in mental health, social work, Counseling, or behavioral health related field or degree
EXPERIENCE: 3 years of experience in behavioral health. Experienced in brief, targeted, evidence-based interventions (crisis intervention, trauma, integrative therapies) mental health/substance use disorders, and psychoeducational programming. Demonstrated success as a clinical supervisor.
CERTIFICATION: For Palliative Care only: Certification in Palliative & Hospice (ACHP-SW or APHSW-C) within 3 months.
LICENSURE: For Life With Cancer only: Certification in Oncology Social Work OSW-C within 3 months. Completion of state or discipline mandated training to provide clinical supervision to Residents in Training. Training in Clinical Supervision.