Back to Results
Maternal Fetal Sono Specialty
Loudoun Hospital 617619 Part Time 44045 Riverside Parkway, Leesburg, VA, 20176, USApply
Job DescriptionAdministers sound patient care practices according to hospital and department policies and procedures, to ensure the safety of the patients. Completes ancillary tasks to ensure efficient and consistent departmental operations. Demonstrates safety for patients, staff and self as outlined in department protocols and regulatory guidelines, to ensure the safety of patients and staff Maintains equipment, exam rooms and work areas in a neat and safe condition, to ensure the safety of the patients and employees. Provides clinical services according to specialized maternal fetal ultrasound practice standards to detect fetal anomalies and acts as a resource to students, nurses, fellows and other technologists, to ensure optimal department functions
- Communicates effectively with patient to obtain clinical maternal fetal history/informed consent from patient or patient's chart to assist the physician in optimizing the performance and interpretation of the examination, as evidenced by the exam results.
- Explains procedure to patients/families and answers any questions to ease anxiety and assure patient cooperation, as evidenced by customer satisfaction. Assists the physicians in performing TEE, Amniocentesis, and AV optimization studies using departmental protocols to provide optimum results.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper sterile techniques and isolation precautions as they pertain to the various specialty procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize clinical and/pr emergent problems in the maternal fetal patients that may interfere with exams and take appropriate action to resolve them and produce the most desirable outcome, as evidenced by exam results and patient satisfaction. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of IV's heparin locks and central line usage as they pertain to Sonography, as evidenced by observations by supervisor and peers.
- Correctly identifies patients and their files ensuring a high degree of accuracy, as evidenced by the lack of mislabeled films and files.
- Tracks patients according to department procedures. Identifies errors and takes immediate action for corrections.
- Participates in department/hospital performance improvement initiatives, in-services and meetings, as evidenced by attendance records.
- Demonstrates patient safety in department by use of side rails, braking mechanisms and patient monitoring, as demonstrated by risk management reports.
- Reports, documents and corrects any adverse, unsafe or unusual conditions, as evidenced by the patient/employee incidence reports to department specific log books.
- Demonstrates proper care and aseptic cleaning of all patient related equipment following established department policies, to ensure the quality of care provided to our patients.
- Demonstrates the ability to use proper cleaning techniques on all TEE probes as well as maintains the Glutaraledehyde solution to include daily testing of the solution and testing of the test strips. Maintains all logs associated with this technique. Maintains equipment, exam rooms and work areas in a neat and safe condition, to ensure the safety of the patients and employees.
- Ensures rooms are stocked with appropriate supplies and has required supplies readily available for procedures, as evidenced by customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshoots equipment effectively and reports equipment to biomedical engineering/vendor, as evidenced by service reports.
- Performs/recognizes need for routine maintenance of imagers/processors to maintain consistent quality images, as evidenced by the physician and the exam results.
- Operates imaging and other related equipment according to manufacturer's specifications, as evidenced by exam results.
- Provides clinical services according to specialized maternal fetal ultrasound practice standards to detect fetal anomalies and acts as a resource to students, nurses, fellows and other technologists, to ensure optimal department functions
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of maternal fetal ultrasound principles and theory as they pertain to the specialized area
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of specialized fetal anatomy, pathology and physiology as well as the systemic effect of other systems Utilizes fetal anatomical knowledge to position patients to optimize image quality during examination while still providing for patient comfort and safety
- Graduate of an accredited school of sonography.
- Eight years of recent hospital experience or equivalent in a Maternal Fetal Medicine Group.
- BLS and NT Certification
- ARDMS Registration.
- Recent work within a Maternal Fetal Ultrasound department.
- This position is a PRN position