Back to Results
Alexandria Hospital 617957 Part Time 4320 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA, 22304, USApply
A day in the life of a Sonographer Specialty can look like:
- Communicates effectively with patients to obtain clinical history/informed consent from patients or patients' chart to assist physicians in optimizing the performance and interpretation of examinations.
- Assists physicians in performing TEE, Fetal Echoes and AV optimization studies by using departmental protocols to provide optimum results.
- Demonstrates knowledge of proper sterile technique and isolation precautions as they pertain to the various specialty procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize clinical and/or emergent problems that may interfere with exams and takes appropriate action to resolve them and produce the most desirable outcomes.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of intravenous (IV) heparin locks and central line usage as they pertain to Sonography.
- Explains procedures to patients/families and answers questions to ease anxiety and ensure patient cooperation.
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned
- Work schedule: PRN, Varies
- Education: Graduate of an accredited diagnostic ultrasound school with a specialty or five plus years on the job training in a hospital performing specialized sonograms
- Experience: One year experience in a hospital/healthcare environment in the performance of Specialized Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Certification: ARDMS, CCI or ARRT registered. Must have RVT/RVS/VS with specialty in Vascular or Neurosonology; or RDCS/RCS with a specialty in Adult Echo, Fetal Echo or Pediatric Echo; or RDMS/ARRT with at least two sonographer specialties (ie: OB/GYN, Breast, AB) , ARDMS, CCI or ARRT registered; BLS & CPR from the AHA