Registered Nurse (RN) Critical Care Transporter Float Pool
Inova’s flagship location is Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, a 923-bed medical center serving Northern Virginia, the Washington DC metro area and beyond.
Critical Care nurses can float to all five intensive care units at Fairfax Medical Campus: Trauma ICU, Med/Surg ICU, Neuro ICU, Cardiovascular ICU and Cardiac Critical Care ICU. They are capable and trained to take care of high acuity patients and most advanced therapies. Going to a different unit everyday gives them the opportunity to serve different patient population, meet new people and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams.
As a Critical Care (CC) Registered Nurse – Float Pool, you will provide knowledgeable/caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patients, families, nurses and healthcare delivery teams. To help achieve our mission, you will consistently provide safe/therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way while incorporating differences into the provision of care. Ensuring that all patient care activities and interactions are patient/family centered is of vital importance. Your ability to integrate knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum of care, to include patient and family education, is expected. Providing direction and guidance to others regarding practice while serving as a resource, preceptor and mentor is required. Serving as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment as well as successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality through relationships and access based knowledge is essential.
We have great benefits!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Clinical Advancement Ladder
- InovaWell program (health and wellness)
- 401K matching program
Inova’s mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve.
- 2 years of RN clinical and critical care experience with recent acute care setting required
- BSN or AD. (If RN AD, BSN obtained from accredited nursing school within 24 months of start date
- BLS from (AHA) American Heart Association
- ACLS, PALS (completed after 4 weeks of start date)
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of VA as an RN
- Proficient in English; strong verbal and written communication
- More than 4 years of RN clinical experience specific to the focus of the nursing unit