Back to Results
Physical Therapist PRN
Loudoun Hospital 618031 Part Time 44045 Riverside Parkway, Leesburg, VA, 20176, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Physical Therapist – Pro Re Nata (PRN) Weekday, you will select evaluation and treatment methods appropriate to the diagnosis, age group and physical/emotional status of patients while formulating appropriate treatment plans. To help achieve our mission, you will demonstrate essential skill competencies in the use of treatment modalities, equipment and protocols. Your ability to perform re-evaluations according to department guidelines, while adjusting treatment plans accordingly, is of vital importance. Adhering to department policies regarding timeframe, form and content of written evaluations, progress notes and discharge summaries is required. Communicating effectively with patients, families, medical staff, healthcare team members, students, supervisors and outside contacts is expected.
- Documents evaluation results clearly and completely while including all essential elements according to department policy.
- Completes daily progress notes that reflect patients' responses to treatment, actual performance and an assessment as to status, relevant to treatment plans, eventual discharge needs and treatment summaries, if needed.
- Completes discharge notes that include a summary of the course of treatment, progress toward goals, discharge needs, recommendations for follow-up and patient and/or family education.
- Documents clearly, concisely and legibly within established timeframes (e.g. allows other therapists to continue treatment, allows for interpretation by payers, supports reimbursements, etc.).
- Documents evidence of patient and family/caregiver education.
- Contacts families, physicians or other healthcare team members in anticipation of special needs of patients and/or families in a timely manner to facilitate effective treatment plans.
- Provides educational materials and methods appropriate to patients' levels of understanding and motivation.
- Includes families/caregivers in education and training when appropriate.
- Demonstrates collaboration in communication with team members while being open to feedback and receptive to change.
- Gives appropriate instruction and supervision to assistive personnel consistent with program/clinic policies and regulatory requirements.
- New graduate physical therapist eligible. One year of experience in acute care preferred.
- Bachelors of Science, Physical Therapy. Master’s Degree Preferred
- BLS certified through the American Heart Association.
Virginia License required upon start