Nursing Clinical Educator Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit
Inova Fairfax Hospital is looking for a full-time Nurse Clinical Educator for the Neuroscience ICU (NSICU).
As a Clinical Educator of Nursing, you will utilize system strategies and tools to assess the competency of new nursing staff members while focusing on quality of care and patient safety goals. To help achieve our mission, you will integrate theoretical knowledge, evidence-based principles and clinical nursing expertise into educational experiences for both new employees and experienced staff. Your ability to prepare annual self-development plans, set professional goals and seek opportunities for achieving them is expected. Contributing to quality and safety initiatives across the organization is of vital importance.
- Implements Inova Health System programs for staff to achieve patient care and outcome standards, such as core measures, Magnet standards and patient satisfaction.
- Utilizes system strategies and tools to assess competence of new nursing staff members while focusing on quality of care and patient safety goals.
- Plans and implements educational activities to support individual development and organizational goals.
- Informs appropriate nursing leaders when staff is unable to successfully complete, or are noncompliant with, required competencies.
- Integrates theoretical knowledge, evidence based principles and clinical nursing expertise into educational experiences for both new employees and experienced staff.
- Works with teams to synthesize data about quality and safety measures which lead to needed improvements in standards of care by developing, revising and implementing polices, procedures and protocols.
- Collaborates with clinicians to ensure practice is evidence based and identifies, reviews and applies evidence to guidelines and standards for patient care.
- Incorporates best practices and research into educational programs while analyzing quality and effectiveness of educational programs.
•Three years of progressive experience in Nursing/Clinical Specialty and in Nursing/Clinical Education Required
• Master's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare, Education and/or other relevant field
• Must be RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN
• ACLS & BLS for Healthcare Provider certification issued by the American Heart Association is required
• Proficient in English/ Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others
• Proficient computer skills