Monitor Technician Sr
Inova is currently looking for a Senior Monitor Tehcnican to come be a part of our incredible team of patient focused professionals in our Fair Oaks Hospital. This is a full time role working 3, 12 hour shifts each week.
As a Senior Monitor Technician, you will perform cardiac monitoring by continuously observing monitor screens and electrocardiogram (EKG) interpretations by analyzing and recording atrial and ventricular rates and rhythms; your ability to measure EKG waveforms, by using accepted standards and guidelines, of which the results provide the current data required to determine appropriate treatment of arrhythmias and immediate intervention of life threatening situations is of vital importance. In this role, you will demonstrate leadership by communicating effectively and working cooperatively with others to optimize job performance while fostering productive working relationships.
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies. Demonstrates proficiency in troubleshooting methods.
- Notifies nurse immediately of loss of clear telemetry signal and arranges for coverage when leaving monitor room.
- Recognizes, records and informs nurse of abnormalities/changes in patient waveforms.
- Assists in the training and orientation of new Monitor Technicians. Delegates duties to appropriate staff and oversees the daily activities and scheduling of the unit.
- Recognizes and records normal electrocardiogram waveforms.
- Pages STAT to Registered Nurse and healthcare team members for any patient with life threatening arrhythmias and initiates MSET per unit policy.
- Maintains continuous printout during emergency situations as evidenced by documentation of MSET waveforms and MSET evaluation forms.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Must possess a minimum of 5 years of telemetry monitoring experience; 3 years of EKG monitoring in a hospital setting