LPN 2 Outpatient- Vascular Surgery (Fairfax)
Job DescriptionAs a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) 2 – Outpatient Clinic, you will provide basic therapeutic nursing care, according to established standards of practice, under the direction and supervision of a physician. To help achieve our mission, you will provide care to patients whose care requirements are routine/standardized and with predictable outcomes. Serving as a resource for other clinical staff to increase their expertise in care planning, patient teaching and patient-centered care is of vital importance. Your ability to maintain competencies within practical nursing standards and seek opportunities to develop professionally is expected. Communicating effectively and working cooperatively with others while showcasing a respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines is required.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
- Participates on unit teams, work groups and/or committees.
- Demonstrates knowledge of unit based quality improvement initiatives.
- Identifies own learning needs based on self-evaluation and the progress made from the previous year.
- Provides direct patient care utilizing the nursing process under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Maintains own team member continuing education record as well as outlined core and specialty competencies relevant to area of practice.
- Effectively communicates with healthcare team members and patients/families while supporting healthcare team members to achieve goals.
- Maintains and reviews patient medical records, notes and physician orders while documenting all patient care activities in accordance with documentation standards.
• Education: Completion of an accredited LPN school.
• Experience: Two years of nursing practice in a hospital or clinic setting.
• Certification: Basic Life Support with the American Heart Association.
• Licensure: Virginia LPN license upon start.