Registered Nurse Fellow Medical A Telemetry Eligible for Sign on Bonus
Applicants with Long Term Care, Rehab, and Out Patient expereince may apply!
As a Registered Nurse (RN) Fellow, you will communicate effectively with patients, families, team members and medical providers. To help achieve our mission, you will create a collaborative team working environment while displaying respect for and an understanding of various clinical disciplines.Using a focused and integrated approach toward improving desired patient outcomes and patient experience of care delivery is of vital importance.Your participation in learning new knowledge, developing new skills and meeting program objectives to be able to practice in assigned patient care delivery settings while utilizing and applying new knowledge is essential. Demonstrating s willingness to learn under the direct supervision of an experienced RN and through various other training formats is required.
- Effectively communicates with other healthcare team members and participates in multidisciplinary rounds and meetings as an active member of the healthcare team.
- Showcases openness to feedback, mentoring and suggestions from colleagues to implement change and enhance care.
- Identifies and seeks out members of the healthcare team as a resource to increase practice/knowledge while seeking validation of clinical decisions from unit resources.
- Successfully integrates novice nursing abilities with new knowledge and the capacity to incorporate and transfer these skills into the delivery of safe/high quality patient care.
- Identifies unit goals and supports the culture of Inova Health System.
- Demonstrates a willingness to give 100 percent and voluntarily assists others when needs arise.
- Works efficiently within the healthcare team to achieve maximum productivity and identified outcomes.
- Attends and participates in all learning sessions assigned for successful completion of the Registered Nurse (RN) Fellowship. Completes all assignments (e.g. classroom work, computer based learning modules, laboratory simulations and assigned readings on time and is able to recall, comprehend and apply them in the classroom and clinical settings).
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn new skills, verbalize reasoning and demonstrate use of equipment and supplies involved in providing safe/high quality and effective patient care.
- Performs patient assessments to collect basic data. Follows written plans of care, standards and practice guidelines while utilizing pathways under the supervision of an experienced RN.
- Utilizes assessment data and patient preferences to identify patient care needs.
- Organizes, prioritizes and delivers patient care to assigned patients by utilizing Inova's Nursing Professional Practice Model and Care Delivery Model (i.e. procedures, therapies, tests and patient education) to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides compassionate and empathetic hands on care while maintaining patient privacy and confidentiality.
- States rationale for clinical decisions based on educational knowledge, principles and evidence based practices.
- Monitors patients' progress toward expected outcomes and adjusts plans of care accordingly.
- Accurately documents all patient care activities, as per documentation standards, and seeks assistance from others to further develop documentation skills.
A minimum of six months clinical experience as a Registered Nurse.
BSN or MSN. Associates Degree candidates must meet with leader within 6 months of start date, identify accredited school employee plans to attend, submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses, provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date. Complete BSN within 24 months of start date.
BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required.
RN license or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as an RN.
Proficient in English, strong written and verbal communication skills.
Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others.
Proficient computer skills required.
Ability to work autonomously, Accredited School of nursing, Accredited School of nursing, BSN, Accredited School of nursing, Good assessment skills, Independent thinking.