Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist 2 - Cath Lab
Inova Fairfax Medical Campus is hiring a Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist 2 to join their Cath Lab!
Sign-On Bonus Information:
The Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist 2 position may be eligible for a competitive sign-on bonus for qualified candidates.
About the Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI):
The Inova Heart and Vascular Institute (IHVI) offers multidisciplinary expertise in convenient locations across the Northern VA areas with state-of-the art facilities. Our vascular program takes a pioneering approach to the treatment of vascular disease through personalized and comprehensive treatments.
The Inova Heart and Vascular Institute is seeking a Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist to work with our award-winning team participating in a full spectrum of diagnostic, therapeutic, surgical and interventional cardiac services. If you are looking to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve, look no further!
About the Department and the Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist 2 Position:
The Invasive Cardiovascular Labs are comprised of 14 labs (Cardiac Cath Labs, Interventional Radiology Labs, and Electrophysiology Labs). As a Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist in the Cath Labs at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus., you will rotate through monitoring, circulating (includes giving medications), and scrubbing and participate in cases related to:
- Coronary cases
- Heart biopsies
- Right heart caths (assessment for pulmonary hypertension and pre-lung transplant)
- Peripheral cases
The Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist 2 provides safe and therapeutic care in a holistic and caring way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge, skill and experiences to meet the needs of the patient. Assists the physician with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the cath lab with the preparation of the sterile field, selection and preparation of instruments and supplies, manipulation of cardiac catheters, guidewires etc. and injection of contrast media. Administration of medications, including moderate sedation, as directed by the physician. Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes. Uses standards and guidelines for cost-effective care delivery. Incorporates data and information to continuously improve care and practice to enhance outcomes. Ensures improvement in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning. Must successfully complete 100% of assigned yearly clinical competencies. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice, serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Leadership skills demonstrated in decision making and problem-solving. IND9 #LI-MN1
- 1-3 years of experience in interventional Cardiac Cath Lab or Electrophysiology Lab performing Cardio Invasive Specialist duties or equivalent years of experience as a nurse working in a critical care hospital unit.
- Completion of an accredited school of nursing and /or completion of an accredited, school of Cardiovascular Technology or radiology Technology or equivalent education and experience.
- BLS, ACLS
- Registered in one of the following: RCIS, RCES , RTR VI, RTR CV, RTR CI. If doesn't possess one of the above registries, must be licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse
- Verbal and written communication skills and computer skills required.
- Proficient in English.