Manager, Financial Reporting
The Manager, Financial Reporting will report directly to the Senior Director of Financial Reporting and be responsible for managing the preparation and distribution of periodic financial statements for both internal and external use. This will include ensuring all filings, reports and supporting schedules comply with Company regulations, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and reporting standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interprets and applies GAAP for transactions and formally document the Company’s basis, citing appropriate guidance.
• Maintains current understanding of recent pronouncements potentially impacting the Company and communicate updates routinely.
• Leverages reporting tools (i.e. systems, Excel) to perform analyses for management and emphasize areas for attention.
• Manages a team of up to 2 (or more) professionals throughout the reporting process and review work for accuracy and completeness.
• Reviews and approves journal entries on an as needed basis.
• Ensures internal controls have been appropriately developed and are monitored in accordance with Company requirements.
• Develops and updates written policies and procedures over the financial reporting process.
• Maintains appropriate communication and work effectively with external auditors ensuring timely delivery of complete and accurate information.
• Serves as a department resource for ad hoc advise and analyses.
• Assists with finance-related system implementation projects, as necessary.
• Other duties as assigned.
6-8 years of experience
Certified Public Accountant
-Strong technical GAAP accounting knowledge
-Big 4 Accounting or similar experience
-Strong in both Excel and Word