Cash Specialist 4
Job DescriptionAs a Cash Specialist 4, you will ensure the appropriate and timely write-off of all account adjustment requests. To help achieve our mission, you will ensure appropriate handling of non-payment EOB's and denial request. Taking ownership of reviewing the timely and accurate posting of patient and insurance payments, insurance write-offs, charge adjustments, deductibles, copays and non-covered or denied amounts is required. Balancing all adjustments and payments posted daily by batch in Healthquest is of vital importance. Your ability to ensure timely and accurate electronic remittance advice (ERA) retrieval, bank lockbox processing and balancing reconciliation is expected.
- Ensures that all payments, EFT and ACH transactions are posted the day they are received and posted via the appropriate medium (paper/electronic) and with all required adjustments.
- Ensures that accounts are reviewed, corrections are identified and corrections are made or resolutions are initiated when found.
- Provides resolution for problem accounts (purged, unidentified, etc.) within allowable timeframes, as defined for appropriate deficiency, and/or provides appropriate account follow-up based on established protocol.
- Ensures that productivity and quality expectations are met weekly for assigned work lists and any supervisor assigned special tasks.
- Documents and reviews reports of posting or balancing issues immediately and provides feedback to team management regarding the issues.
- Maintains knowledge of all payer requirements, 835 and EOB standards, system (hospital, clearinghouse and payer) functionality and hospital policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all programming and file maintenance issues related to the ACCESS Database are reviewed and escalated to Management.
- Coordinates with the Accounting department on financial discrepancies, non-patient revenue issues and month-end close requirements.
Preferred: AA degree or additional five years of experience appropriate to the position under consideration.,
High School Diploma or GED
Three years of experience.
CPAT/CCAT certification within one year of start date
Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel and Access.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Ability to think critically to identify trends and resolve accounts independently.
Working typing and CRT skills.
Knowledge of banking procedures
Working knowledge of Patient Accounting systems.