Back to Results
Mount Vernon Hospital 618311 Full Time 2501 Parkers Lane, Alexandria, VA, 22306, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Rehabilitation Technician, you will adhere to facility policy in the maintenance of treatment areas, equipment and supplies. To help achieve our mission, you will assist with the provision of treatment under the guidance/direction of a Therapist while demonstrating essential skill competencies in the use of treatment modalities. Communicating effectively via written and verbal communication with patients, families, medical staff, healthcare team members, students, supervisors and outside contacts is of vital importance. Your ability to complete all administrative and other responsibilities in support of the operating unit is required.
- Maintains a clean, safe and orderly treatment area.
- Maintains equipment upkeep and inventory.
- Maintains supplies at the appropriate par levels and in established timeframes at the direction of the supervisor.
- Assists with the provision of treatment under the guidance/direction of a Therapist.
- Effectively prepares and arranges supplies for the treatment of patients.
- Applies knowledge within the defined competencies while assisting Therapists with treating patients.
- Adheres to the established guidelines for patient care by the treating Therapist.
- Utilizes precautions for safety during the provision of services.
- Contacts Therapists if there are any changes in patients' conditions or changes in responses to treatments.
- Communicates appropriate information to patients and families regarding patients' status while deferring to Therapists when appropriate.
- Provides appropriate education methods/materials to patients at their level of understanding and motivation.
- Demonstrates collaboration in communication with team members while remaining open to feedback and receptive to change.
- Completes documentation according to program, clinic and department guidelines.
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Certification: Active Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Experience as a Rehab Tech preferred but not mandatory