Clinical Research Assoc Lead
The Inova Schar Cancer Institute is seeking a Full Time Clinical Research Associate Lead to join their their team! Inova Schar Cancer Institute is a state-of-the-art cancer center in the Washington, DC metro area designed to bring healing and hope to every patient. Inova Schar gives patients unmatched logistical, clinical and emotional support. Our team of nationally renowned doctors, specialists, surgeons, genetic counselors, nurses and caregivers are backed by the latest in drug discovery, clinical trials, research and advanced treatments.
Together, we are dedicated to delivering the best quality cancer care, from diagnosis to survivorship.
As a Clinical Research Associate Lead, you will coordinate financial aspects of clinical trial implementation from protocol feasibility through study closure. To help achieve our mission, you will provide supervision, mentoring and leadership to the research staff. Making a continuous effort to foster self-development, enhance work related skills and improve job performance and expertise is expected. Your ability to communicate effectively and work in collaboration with the Research Team in order to meet research study and departmental objectives is required. Demonstrating respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines is of vital importance.
- Demonstrates a detailed knowledge of all components of research procedures and research study protocol with the creation of study packets and checklists for in-servicing hospital staff and departments as needed.
- Completes and submits all regulatory documents to IRB and study sponsor, as required, prior to any research activities being initiated until study completion.
- Manages multiple trials as established by Research Team Lead and Supervisor.
- Performs protocol and general research procedures as needed (i.e. providing clear/appropriate documentation for study related activities; correctly storing, logging and locking study drugs/devices; maintaining investigational drug and device accountability logs; preparing dangerous goods for shipment according to Inova/state/federal regulations; adheres to IRB reporting requirements).
- Provides input for 90 day and annual performance evaluations for all research staff.
- Coordinates program specific orientation for new employees and provides immediate coaching when necessary.
- Acquires new and/or updated knowledge in area of expertise, relevant to current position and responsibilities, by participating in professional associations and attending meetings and conferences/lectures.
- Utilizes and adheres to Inova Health System's standards, GCP and FDA guidelines to ensure the highest quality research within Inova.
- Five (5) years in a research related field with previous leadership responsibilities.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent research training and/or experience in healthcare/research-related field.
- CRC certification (ACRP or SOCRA) after 2 years of Inova research experience.