Back to Results
Computed Tomography Tech - Springfield HealthPlex - FT
Healthplex Franconia Springfield 618366 Full Time 6355 Walker Lane, Alexandria, VA, 22310, USApply
A day in the life of a CT Tech can look like:
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of IVs, heparin locks and central line usage as they pertain to computed tomography, as evidenced by observations by supervisors and peers.
- Completes ancillary tasks to ensure efficient and consistent departmental operations.
- Correctly identifies patients and their files by ensuring a high degree of accuracy, as evidenced by the lack of mislabeled films, images and EMR charts.
- Tracks patients according to department procedures. Identifies errors and takes immediate action for corrections, as evidenced by the EMR and PACS systems as well as the Radiology Information Systems reports.
- Participates in department/hospital performance improvement initiatives, in-services and meetings, as evidenced by attendance records.
- Demonstrates radiation protection/safety for patients, staff and self as outlined in department protocols and regulatory guidelines, to ensure the safety of the patients and staff.
- Demonstrates the effective use of radiation protection with collimation devices and protective shielding, as evidenced by the incidence reports.
- Maintains an orderly, safe and clean environment. Ensures rooms are stocked with appropriate supplies and has required supplies readily available for procedures, as evidenced by customer satisfaction.
- Work schedule: FT, Mon - Fri, 10 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- Education: Graduate of accredited school/program of radiography
- Experience: 1 year experience as a Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist and/or Computed Tomography Technologist in a hospital/healthcare environment
- Certification: BLS; CPR; Must be certified by ARRT as a Radiologic Technologist; Must obtain CT Certification within one year of hire into position