Cardiovascular Sonographer 1
Looking for your next Cardiovascular adventure or job advancement in the organization known for high quality patient care & comprehensive employee benefits & perks? – apply to the Cardio Sonographer 1 role at Inova! Hours are M-F, every other weekend!
*** Sign on bonus eligible, for those that meet the requirements! ***
A day in the life of an Cardio Sono 1 can look like:
- Calculates, measures and documents appropriate values on the tests performed for review and interpretation by physicians.
- Communicates with physicians, managers and coworkers, as appropriate, about changes in patients' clinical conditions while undergoing echocardiogram or vascular studies.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of IV's and central line usage as they pertain to diagnostic medical sonography.
- Maintains the echocardiogram/vascular laboratory quality assurance database.
- Prepares and maintains operational logs.
- Calibrates/maintains equipment and orders supplies when needed.
- Demonstrates proper techniques for injection of IV contrast, or other test enhancing solutions, under the Society of Diagnostic Medical Sonography Standards.
- Performs diagnostic echocardiograms, carotids, abdominal aorta screenings, ABI and arterial studies of upper and lower extremities of patients with suspected peripheral vascular disease by following ICAEL and ICAVL guidelines and in accordance with the echo/vascular laboratory protocols.
- Work schedule: full-time
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school/program of diagnostic medical sonography or five years of specialized training in a hospital/healthcare setting
- Experience: Recent experience in a hospital/healthcare environment as a sonographer or sonographer student
- Certification: BLS from the AHA; ARDMS with RDCS Certification, or CCI with RCS Certification for Echo; or registry eligible (must obtain within 1 year of hire)
WHAT’S YOUR VISION OF THE PERFECT WORK ENVIRONMENT?
You’ll find it at Inova.
While Inova Health System comprises a large number of care sites and hospitals, every Inova facility is guided by a core set of values and behaviors that support our mission to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Whether working in a fast-paced trauma center or a community outpatient setting (and everything in between), our values and actions are the common threads that make us one Inova team.
Company Benefits and Perks:
At Inova, we strive to improve the health of the communities we serve, and that includes taking care of our team members, who help us fulfill our mission every day. That’s why we offer affordable, comprehensive benefits coverage for you and your family.
As a member of the Inova team, we encourage you to tailor your benefits to suit your needs. Join us and see how easy Inova makes it for you to perform at your very best at work, and live life to the fullest when you're done for the day.
- Dental, Vision, Medical Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Spending Accounts
- Student Loan Refinancing
- Additional Benefits
- Retirement Benefits
- Educational Assistance
- Bright Horizons Back-Up Child Care
- Life and Disability Insurance
Learn more about Inova Health System!