Cardio Invasive Spec Clin Crd IHVI
Job DescriptionAs a Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist Clinical Coordinator IHVI, you will provide a safe and therapeutic core by collaborating with the Cardiologists, Interventional Radiologists, and other relevant providers as part of the healthcare team in performing a safe operation. To help achieve our mission, you will support the clinical management of safe patient care delivery with optimal patient outcomes. Ensuring the improvement of practice setting by assuming responsibility for self-development in life long learning is of vital importance. Providing direction and guidance to others regarding practice and serving as a resource, preceptor and mentor is required. Your ability to assist the physician with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the IHVI designated Labs, including preparation of sterile field, inventory resources and medication management to include contrast media is expected.
- Plans, directs and evaluates the patient care provided by staff working in a particular clinical area. Communicates patient care issues with cross-departmental leadership and develops a plan for resolution of conflict or revision of present process.
- Attends at least 90 percent of staff meetings. Performs job evaluations for specific staff members within established time frames.
- Assists in policy development and meeting all JCAHO standards. Successfully completes 100 percent of annual hospital and department competencies.
- Demonstrates evidence of self-development activities (beyond orientation) and attendance to in-services/seminars related to field.
- Collaborates with staff and physicians throughout procedure to maximize patient outcome and procedure completion.
- Assigns staff daily and communicates revisions in staff plan as necessary.
- Takes calls and works in other Inova Health System cardiac cath and/or electrophysiology (EP) labs and/or Interventional Radiology while arranging staffing patterns to optimize productivity (this includes arranging for PTO and staffing of other Inova cath and EP labs). Processes staff time cards and ensures that payroll is completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the notification of service representatives for failed equipment and assists in the scheduling of preventive maintenance for the equipment.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or graduate of an accredited School of Cardiovascular Technology or Radiology Technology or equivalent education and experience.
Five – seven years of Cath or EP Lab experience, five years of interventional radiology experience or equivalent years of experience as a nurse working in a critical care hospital unit.
BLS from AHA Upon Start
, ACLS. Registered in one of the following: RCIS, RCES, RTRCV, RTRVI, RTRCI, unless a graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
If doesn't possess one of the above registries, must be licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse.