Cash Specialist 2
Job DescriptionAs a Cash Specialist 2, you will ensure that access database reports and rejection reports are worked timely while meeting departmental productivity and quality review standards. To help achieve our mission, you will ensure the appropriate and timely write-off of all account adjustment requests. Your ability to ensure the appropriate handling and posting of non-payment EOBs and denial request is required. Your ability to stay late once a month with a match up end of month and stay until all cash is posted is of vital importance. Receiving, sorting and ensuring the timely and accurate processing of the bank lockbox is expected.
- Ensures that Access database-posting entries and rejection reports are entered/worked daily.
- Identifies issues with database rejections and provides feedback regarding rejections to management. Takes direction from supervisor or manager to resolve issues.
- Documents/posts the correct CDM code activity in Epic. Ensures documentation has appropriate authorization and accurately depicts the actions performed per departmental quality review standards.
- Ensures that all write-off requests are handled appropriately and with 48 hours of receipt or within the customers' expectations.
- Ensures that appropriate ASC codes are applied to the customer accounts.
- Ensures that all accounts are reviewed, corrections are identified and resolutions are initiated or escalated to management as appropriate. Provides resolution for problem accounts (purged, unidentified, etc.) within allowable timeframes, as defined for appropriate deficiency, and/or provides appropriate account follow up based on established protocol.
- Meets weekly productivity and quality expectations for assigned work lists and any supervisor assigned special tasks. Documents and reports postings or balancing issues immediately and provides feedback to management regarding the issues.
- Maintains knowledge of all payer requirements, 835 and EOB standards as well as system (hospital, clearinghouse, and payer) functionality and hospital policies/procedures.
High School or GED
2 years: Demonstrated ability to learn Revenue Cycle functions
Working typing and CRT skills. Knowledge of banking procedures.
Working knowledge of Patient Accounting system(s)
Working knowledge of Patient Accounting systems.