Medical Assistant Clinic
We invite you to apply to Inova's Schar Cancer Institute as a PRN Medical Assistant. Join an organization that has been nationally recognized for excellence and innovation. Don't miss out, apply today!
Inova's Schar Cancer Institute is a state-of-the-art cancer center in the Washington, DC metro area designed to bring healing and hope to every patient. Inova Schar gives patients unmatched logistical, clinical and emotional support. Our team of nationally renowned doctors, specialists, surgeons, genetic counselors, nurses and caregivers are backed by the latest in drug discovery, clinical trials, research and advanced treatments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs general patient care responsibilities including checking schedules and organizing patient flow; recording patient blood pressure, height, weight; accompanying patients to exam/procedure room; assisting patients as needed with walking, assisting physicians/nurses; preparing patient for examination and treatment; relaying instructions to patients/families; answering calls and providing pertinent information.
- Fulfills clerical responsibilities as assigned which may include: sending/receiving patient medical records; obtaining lab/x-ray reports, hospital notes, referral information, etc.; completing forms/requisitions as needed.
- Organizes medical records, including lab results, progress notes, etc. to ensure provider has all of the necessary information available during the patient's encounter.
- Instructs patient in basic testing requirements, e.g., clean catch urine.
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities as assigned which may include: setting up instruments and equipment according to protocol; cleaning exam/procedure rooms, instruments and equipment between patient visits; ordering, sorting, storing supplies; restocking exam / procedures rooms.
- Adheres to and employs appropriate sterile techniques and universal precautions guidelines.
Experience: Previous experience in a medical office, healthcare setting or similar situation preferred.
Education: High School diploma or GED equivalent.
Special Skills: Medical terminology, proficient in English, excellent verbal and written communication skills
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Inova’s five hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org.
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients Safe@Inova