Back to Results
Alexandria Hospital 618828 Part Time 4320 Seminary Road, Alexandria, VA, 22304, USApply
Job DescriptionAs a Monitor Technician, you will perform electrocardiogram (EKG) interpretations by analyzing and recording atrial and ventricular rates and rhythms. To help achieve our mission, you will measure EKG waveforms, by using accepted standards and guidelines, of which the results provide the current data required to determine appropriate treatment of arrhythmias and immediate intervention of life threatening situations. Your ability to perform cardiac monitoring by continuously observing monitor screens for proper waveform on each telemetry patient in order to prevent loss of signal and ensure accurate capture of potential cardiac events is of vital importance. Demonstrating teamwork by communicating effectively and working cooperatively with others to optimize job performance and foster productive working relationships is required.
- Answers phones and call lights in a timely manner as evidenced by lack of staff, patient and visitor complaints as well as direct observation.
- Maintains rhythm strips and monitoring logs in accordance with unit policies and as evidenced by random audits of log books.
- Notifies nurse immediately of loss of clear telemetry signal and arranges for coverage when leaving monitor room.
- Recognizes, records and informs nurse of abnormalities/changes in patient waveforms as evidenced by annual testing, random audits and lack of complaints regarding accuracy.
- Troubleshoots and maintains equipment and supplies.
- Admits and discharges patients out of telemetry system in accordance with unit policy.
- Participates in unit quality improvement initiatives as evidenced by attendance at staff meetings and verbalizing understanding of unit initiatives.
- Pages STAT to Registered Nurse and healthcare team members for patients with life threatening arrhythmias and initiates MSET per unit policy.
PRN schedule Nights 7PM to 7AM
High School or GEDPrior Telemetry Monitoring Experience