Infusion Oncology Registered Nurse Pediatric Oncology
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports, and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
Why Inova? Follow the link to learn more about us! History of Inova
We honor our RN’S for providing world-class healthcare-every time, every touch- to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve! Follow the link to learn about our Nurse's!
We are looking for an experienced Infusion Oncology Registered Nurse for our 22-bed Pediatric Oncology unit. Patient population is birth to 21 years old. The majority of patients on the unit are children and adolescents with cancer. The unit also sees pediatric orthopedic and trauma patients. Patient-to-nurse ratio is typically 3 to 4 patients to a nurse.
Schedule: Full-time position (3-12 hour night shift)
Candidates are eligible to receive up to $20,000 as a competitive sign on bonus. Those relocating from more than 50 miles away will also receive relocation assistance.
The Registered Nurse Infusion
- Provides knowledgeable, caring and effective clinical practice and care coordination in collaboration with the patient, family and all members of the healthcare delivery team. Coordinates all infusion activities to assure delivery of compassionate, safe and quality care that is in compliance with professional practice standards. Serves as a liaison between physicians, staff and administration to improve and maintain quality and safe patient care.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others. Has respect for and understanding of other clinical disciplines. Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice. Serves as a resource, preceptor, and mentor. Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Provides comprehensive patient and family education including information about treatments, medications, chemotherapy and other items as appropriate. Keeps patient and family informed about all aspects of patient's plan of care. Works with members of the healthcare team to provide patient and family with appropriate resources and support as necessary.
Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there’s no safer place for you to work. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our team members.
- Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
- Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
- Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
- Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
- All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
- A minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience in an oncology setting including chemotherapy administration.
- Education: BSN or MSN or
If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- Current chemotherapy card from either the Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) or the Association of Pediatric Hematology Oncology Nurses.
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others. Proficient computer skills required.
#LI-VD1 (for internal use only)