Polysomnography Scoring Technologist
Job DescriptionAs a PRN Polysomnography Scoring Technologist at Inova Fairfax Hospital - Pediatrics, you will provide clinical services according to practice standards to ensure optimal department functions. Be the ONE to take the next step in your career - excel in a Sleep role at Inova. Grow in the Imaging field, with advanced resources & equipment and an environment that strives for the best!
- Education: High School graduate; Documented completion of Advanced Polysomnography workshops, courses, seminars and/or comparable experience in a EEG/Respiratory/OR monitoring and/or sleep disorders laboratory
- Experience: 2-3 years of prior work experience in sleep disorder testing. Additional work experience in scoring of sleep test and CPAP applications. Experience conducting EEG/sleep training seminars and quality control procedures.
- Certifications: BLS, CPR and Heart Saver certifications from the AHA required. Registered R.PSGT
A day in the life of a Polysomnography Scoring Technologist can look like:
- Implements required training seminars for department while providing consistent quality, accuracy and legibility in performance of all pertinent clerical duties such as filing reports and patient logs as well as billing for each procedure without incidence of administrative correction or request for additional information/clarification.
- Orders appropriate supplies, performs routine maintenance, detects equipment malfunctions, troubleshoots, makes minor repairs and reports major problems to the appropriate hospital personnel according to department policy.
- Keeps work area in a clean and orderly fashion. Keeps equipment clean and in proper working order according to department guidelines.
- Acts as a role model in practicing time management, keeping authorized breaks within accepted policy and maintaining levels of productivity established for the department.
- Consistently arrives for work and meetings on time and completes assigned duties ahead of deadlines. Adjusts pace of work to compensate for delays caused by others. Consistently completes all tasks in a timely manner and in accordance with established departmental policies.
- Serves as a role model for all team members by adhering to, and showing a positive attitude toward, all hospital policies, programs and activities. Consistently self-identifies, seeks out and/or attends additional classes/trainings in and out of the hospital geared toward increasing professional work related development.
WHAT’S YOUR VISION OF THE PERFECT WORK ENVIRONMENT?
You’ll find it at Inova.
Company Benefits and Perks:
At Inova, we strive to improve the health of the communities we serve, and that includes taking care of our team members, who help us fulfill our mission every day. That’s why we offer affordable, comprehensive benefits coverage for you and your family.
As a member of the Inova team, we encourage you to tailor your benefits to suit your needs. Join us and see how easy Inova makes it for you to perform at your very best at work, and live life to the fullest when you're done for the day.