Licensed Physical Therapy Asst
Come Join our family of patient focused outpatient physical therapy team as a Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant. Work closely with the providers and in collaboration with the patients to offer therapeutic healing in an established, community driven, primary care office in Reston, VA
Working alongside our dedicated team of Physical Therapists, this individual will demonstrate essential skills in the use of treatment modalities, equipment and protocols, selecting treatment methods appropriate to patients’ diagnosis, age group, physical and emotional status. This person must recognize the need for alterations in treatment method as patients advances/regresses, acting accordingly and performing reassessments according to state and facility guidelines. We require that this person document clearly and concisely in adherence to department policy regarding time frame, appropriate form and content of written rehabilitation documentation. This person individual will also need to communicate effectively with patients, family, medical staff, care team members, students, supervisors and outside contacts. Our successful candidate will complete all administrative and other responsibilities in support of the operating unit
- Completes daily progress notes that reflect patients' responses to treatment and actual performance as well as an assessment as to status, relevant to the treatment plan, and eventual discharge needs/treatment summaries when applicable.
- Instructs ancillary staff in patient positioning, mobility and care giving. Educates patient and/or family in home exercise programs, transfers, care giving, home safety and use of adaptive equipment.
- Provides educational materials and methods appropriate to the patients' level of understanding and motivation.
- Includes family/care giver in education/training as appropriate. Demonstrate collaboration in communication with team members and is open to feedback and receptive to change.
- Contacts families, physicians or other healthcare team members in anticipation of patient/family special needs in a timely manner to facilitate effective treatment plans.
- Virginia Physical Therapy Assistant License in good standing prior to start
- Associates Degree from Licensed Physical Therapy program
- No experience is required
- Must have First Aid, BLS, & CPR Certification from American Heart Association upon start
- Basic computer knowledge and communication skills