Registered Nurse PRN -Addiction Treatment Services
Inova Fairfax Hospital is seeking a PRN, Registered Nurse on our CATS (Comprehensive Addiction Treatment Services) Unit.
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports, and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
As a Registered Nurse – Pro re nata (PRN), you will provide knowledgeable/caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patients, families, nurses and healthcare delivery teams. To help achieve our mission, you will consistently provide safe/therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Your ability to provide direction and guidance to others regarding practice while serving as a resource, preceptor and mentor is of vital importance. Serving as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment as well as successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality through relationships and access based knowledge is required. Ensuring that the process for delivery of care is synthesized from direct patient/family communication, technology and other healthcare team member collaboration is essential.
- Performs comprehensive assessments by interpreting multiple, sometimes conflicting, data sets and synthesizing their interrelationships.
- Formulates individualized plans of care based on assessment findings and interpreting trends in patient populations to achieve best practice.
- Supports and empowers patients/families as they progress through the healthcare continuum from health promotion to end of life decisions.
- Advocates for patients' rights from the patient/family perspective while providing counsel and acting as a resource to resolve issues.
- Anticipates ethical, spiritual and cultural needs of patients and intervenes to maximize outcomes. Coordinates healthcare and alternate services for patient/family transition planning.
- Makes clinical decisions based on experience, patient population data and intuition. Promotes the development of clinical decision making of all team members.
- Documents all patient care activities, as per documentation standards, and assists healthcare team members with documentation.
- Evaluates the outcomes of documentation and contributes to related performance improvement initiatives.
- Provides validation of clinical decisions for other staff members and seeks validation from others for complex patients or unfamiliar situations.
- Collaborates with the healthcare team and leads other disciplines to meet desired outcomes. Mentors staff in understanding and advocating for the importance of utilizing relationship based care initiative in nursing practice.
- Evaluates processes to achieve desired outcomes and anticipates patient variances while making revisions to plans of care.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others.
- Has respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines.
- Uses an integrated approach toward achieving desired patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and assists in the resolution of conflict among healthcare team members, patients and families.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team and incorporates their expertise to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Keeps informed of unit initiatives and incorporates the outcomes of team or committee work into practice.
- Delegates patient care activities and coordinates unit activities.
- Assists staff with assessing patients' learning needs and outcomes measurement of patient education.
- Accesses resources from all disciplines to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates a willingness to give 100 percent and assist others voluntarily.
- Works with the team to achieve maximum productivity.
- Demonstrates role model and leadership behaviors consistently.
- Acts as a clinical resource and serves as a mentor to healthcare team members.
- Identifies own learning needs and develops professional goals.
- Seeks opportunities to obtain education to enhance practice.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of an educational plan for identified needs.
- Reviews self-development plan and professional goals.
- Seeks new knowledge toward the progression of professional goals.
- Demonstrates evidence of self-development by obtaining a minimum of six formal contact hours.
- Maintains own Team Member Continuing Education Record.
- Seeks validation from others for complex patients or unfamiliar situations.
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives. Incorporates research findings into nursing practice.
Experience: Minimum 1 year of experience. At least six months of RN clinical experience in an acute care setting.
Education: BSN or AD. If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and:
* Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
* Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required prerequisites and timeline for taking the courses
* Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
* Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
Certification: BLS certification required.
Licensure: Licensed or eligible for licensing in the Commonwealth of Virginia as Registered Nurse.
Special skills: Proficient in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others. Proficient computer skills required.
*For Internal Use only: #LI-MA1 IND1