Registered Nurse Outpatient Inova Pride Clinic
Inova Health System’s Pride Clinic is looking for a Full Time Outpatient RN: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm.
The Inova Pride Clinic offers a safe and comfortable space committed to providing medical expertise with cultural humility, tailored to the unique needs of LGBTQ+ people. Our primary care doctors and team members are dedicated to providing inclusive and judgment-free care, answering questions, and supporting our patient’s long-term health and wellness – without barriers.
In addition to the full range of preventive care, health screenings and chronic disease management, our primary care doctors and team members are experienced in all LGBTQ+ specific healthcare needs, such as pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) for HIV prevention and gender-affirming care, including counseling for youth and adults about health, gender identity and sexuality. Inova Pride Clinic serves individuals age 12 years and older.
Location: Inova Pride Clinic-Falls Church, VA
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:30am-5pm
Outpatient RN Responsibilities:
- Work with cross-disciplinary team to provide holistic care to HIV+ patients in an ambulatory care setting.
- Manage and support daily clinic operations, provide direct patient care, and complete required medical documentation.
- Foster supportive, ongoing relationships with patients to promote their ongoing engagement in care.
- Utilize strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Triages patient calls and requests
- Takes on Resource duties and mentors LPNs
- 0-6 months of RN experience **1 yr RN experience preferred
- Education: BSN or MSN or
- If Associates Degree RN - Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
- Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification (American Heart Association) required.
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN.
For internal use only: IND1 #LI-KA1