Registered Nurse - Cardiac Surgical and Telemetry - Nights
The Inova Alexandria High Acuity Cardiac Surgical and Telemetry unit is seeking a full time, night shift RN looking to take the next step in their journey.
Our nurses are driven and provide knowledgeable and caring patient care while maintaining a positive and supportive work environment and practicing the most effective and safest care possible. Our organization provides the opportunities for advancement through the Inova ADVANCE RN Clinical Ladder.
Our culture fosters a spirit of growth, collaboration, critical thinking, and accountability. This is a great opportunity for an experienced nurse looking to move to a higher acuity patient care area and for a new graduate nurse looking to start their nursing journey in a great, supportive learning environment!
Inova Alexandria Hospital is a 318-bed community hospital that offers a full range of healthcare services and has received national recognition for healthcare excellence. From babies to seniors, Inova Alexandria Hospital Provides World-Class Medical Care. We are dedicated to continually expanding our programs and services to help ensure we meet the healthcare needs of the communities we serve today and in the future.
Shift: Day 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
*This position is eligible for a Sign On and Relocation bonus for qualified candidates.*
As a Registered Nurse, you will provide knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patients, families, nurses and healthcare delivery teams. To help achieve our mission, you will consistently provide safe and therapeutic care in a holistic/systematic way while incorporating differences into the provision of care and conducting all patient care in a patient/family centered manner. Your ability to integrate knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum, to include patient and family education, is of vital importance. Communicating effectively and working cooperatively with others while having respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines is required. Your ability to determine processes for delivery of care from direct patient/family communication, technology and other healthcare team member collaboration is essential.
- Performs comprehensive assessments by interpreting multiple, sometimes conflicting, data sets and synthesizing their interrelationships.
- Formulates individualized plans of care based on assessment findings and interpreting trends in patient populations to achieve best practice.
- Supports and empowers patients/families as they progress through the healthcare continuum from health promotion to end of life decisions.
- Advocates for patients' rights from the patient/family perspective and provides counsel while acting as a resource to resolve issues.
- Anticipates ethical, spiritual and cultural needs while intervening to maximize patient outcomes. Coordinates healthcare and alternate services for patient/family transition planning.
- Makes clinical decisions based on experience, patient population data and intuition while promoting the development of clinical decision making of all team members.
- Documents all patient care activities, as per documentation standards, and assists healthcare team members with documentation.
- Evaluates the outcomes of documentation and contributes to performance improvement initiatives related to documentation.
- Provides validation of clinical decisions for other staff members and seeks validation from others for complex patients or unfamiliar situations.
- Collaborates with the healthcare team and leads other disciplines to meet desired outcomes. Mentors staff in understanding and advocating for the importance of utilizing evidence based care initiatives in nursing practice.
- Evaluates the process to achieve outcomes, anticipates patient variances and makes revisions to plans of care.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with others.
- Has respect for and an understanding of other clinical disciplines.
- Uses an integrated approach toward patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and assists in the resolution of conflict among healthcare team members, patients and families.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team and incorporates their expertise to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Keeps informed of unit initiatives and incorporates outcomes of team/committee work into practice.
- Delegates patient care activities and coordinates unit activities.
- Assists staff to assess patients' learning needs and outcomes measurement of patient education.
- Accesses resources from all disciplines to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Demonstrates a willingness to give 100 percent and assist others voluntarily.
- Works with the team to achieve maximum productivity.
- Ensures improvements in practice settings by assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning.
- Demonstrates leadership skills in decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrates role model and leadership behaviors consistently.
- Acts as a clinical resource and serves as a mentor to healthcare team members.
- Identifies own learning needs and develops professional goals.
- Seeks opportunities to obtain education to enhance practice.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of an educational plan for identified needs.
- Reviews self-development plan and professional goals.
- Seeks new knowledge toward the progression of professional goals.
- Demonstrates evidence of self-development by obtaining a minimum of six formal contact hours.
- Maintains own Team Member Continuing Education Record.
- Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice while serving as a resource, preceptor and mentor.
- Conducts all patient care in a patient and family centered manner. Integrates knowledge, skills and experiences to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum of care to include patient and family education.
- Makes clinical decisions based on experience, patient population data and intuition.
- Promotes clinical decision making development in all team members.
- Utilizes standards, guidelines and pathways for care delivery.
- Ensures that the process for delivery of care is synthesized from direct patient/family communication, technology and other healthcare team member collaboration.
- Serves as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment and successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality through relationships and access based knowledge.
Experience: A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
- BSN or Associate’s Degree Nursing
- If RN has an AD, within 6 months of start date the RN must meet with their nurse leader and:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee
plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school
indicating the required pre-requisites and
timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN
- Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider certification requirement
- RN Licensed or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia
* For internal Use only: IND1-RN #LI-MA1