Back to Results
Donor Specialist 1
Fairfax Medical Campus 619126 Full Time 3300 Gallows Road, Falls Church, VA, 22042, USApply
Job DescriptionInova Fairfax Medical Campus is seeking a full-time Donor Specialist 1 to join the Blood Donor Services team.
Inova Benefits and Perks:
- Sign-on eligible for new Team Members
- Health, Vision, and Dental Coverage
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- NEW! 4 weeks PAID PARENTAL LEAVE
- Retirement: Inova matches dollar for dollar the first 5% of your eligible pay that you contribute to the plan
- Competitive salary: Pay based experience
- Amazing Paid Time Off: Accrue PTO hours on your very first day of work
- Supplemental Plans: Including Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance, Identity Theft Protection
- Additional Benefits: Educational Assistance of up to $5,250/year, Student Loan Refinancing, Adoption Assistance, Child Care Centers, Scholarship Program, Free Parking, Exclusive savings opportunities to in-store events, theme parks, discounts, movie tickets and local offerings and so much more!
Requirements for consideration
Minimum Education: High School diploma, GED equivalent or documented foreign equivalent.
- Maintains an error rate of less than one percent on a monthly basis.
- Consistently upholds quality standards to ensure the safety, purity and potency of all blood products.
- Follows current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) as required by FDA. Demonstrates familiarity with Inova Health System's Quality Plan including training, materials management, error prevention, quality control, quality assurance and quality management.
- Receives and greets volunteer blood donors and confirms donor identification.
- Registers volunteer blood donors using FDA regulated Blood Establishment Computer System (BECS). Reviews donor history questionnaire (DHQ) to assess donor suitability for blood donation and to ensure that all FDA, AABB and IBDS requirements have been met.
- Reports all safety concerns promptly and completely.
- Communicates effectively and works cooperatively with team members to optimize job performance to Inova's mission, vision and values.
- Maintains a clean and orderly workspace. Keeps area well stocked and notifies appropriate personnel of shortages.