Gastroenterology Advanced Practice Provider
The GI APP will primarily provide gastroenterology services in the ambulatory/outpatient setting. Performs physical examinations and treats common GI complications, educates patients regarding treatment regimens, and monitors patient progress. Works in collaboration with other health care team members, consulting and referring as appropriate, but retains responsibility for ongoing clinical management of the patient along with primary medical gastroenterologist.
- Graduate of an accredited NP or PA program
- Board certified (ACNP or NCCPA certification)
- Virginia License
- Ensures patient information, visit history, refer outs, lab follow-up, phone calls, and consults are carefully and completely documented in the electronic medical record.
- Conducts in-depth interviews with patients and/or family, constructs comprehensive medical histories, performs initial and periodic physical examinations and explores patient's interpretation of health needs. Identifies and treats patients' diseases.
- Prescribes/ orders medications, therapies, diet, orders and interprets laboratory and imaging studies as well as procedures consistent with clinical privileges.
- Performs patient counseling/ comprehensive teaching, and preparation for GI procedures.
- Performs procedures as trained and delineated in DOP/ privileges.
- Ensure key quality metrics are optimized.
- Maintains Virginia License, DEA, and board certification as appropriate for NP and PA.
- Maintains BLS.
- Participates in quality improvement projects as assigned.
- Accurate and complete billing for services provided.