Job DescriptionAs a Magnet Coordinator, you will demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills for purposes of project development, obtaining/maintaining support and the education of the targeted audience/community. To help achieve our mission, you will exhibit outstanding collaboration and teamwork skills with diverse groups of people, both internally and externally, to successfully accomplish the goals of the project within expected timeframes. Exhibiting excellent project management and organizational skills to facilitate the design and implementation of writing/organizing the Magnet application is of vital importance. Your ability to demonstrate excellent computer skills in order to collect, analyze and display data and/or information needed to implement projects is expected. Utilizing a strong clinical knowledge base/expertise in areas of focus related to the American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet standards in order to effectively write the application and develop/manage the project in the appropriate timeline is required.
- Delineates project phases and implements them within the specified timeline to meet project requirements.
- Maintains all project records in an organized and consistent manner while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Presents/assists with quarterly presentations to the staff regarding current Magnet application status at the operating unit and system level.
- Facilitates group processes as a leader, facilitator or participant while utilizing skills to bring groups to consensus to meet expected outcomes.
- Organizes/writes information required for the application according to appropriate guidelines while keeping complete records of all project activities.
- Exhibits excellent project management and organizational skills to facilitate the design and implementation of writing/organizing the Magnet application.
- Publishes/supports publication of an abstract or journal article related to the project. Designs the project with the successful involvement of key stakeholders and target audiences.
- Prepares periodic reports and project summaries for the Chief Nurse Executive and the Magnet Committee. Organizes data to prepare for submission to the American Nurses Credentialing Center for consideration of Magnet designation.
Evidence of group/project work plus Microsoft Word processing, data collection and management experience.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a nursing or related professional field.
Experience: 3 to 5 years in a medical or hospital arena.
Knowledge Skills Abilities: Project management; Evidence of group/project work plus strong computer skills.