Clinical Nurse Educator- Inova Loudoun (Observation, PCU, Acute Care)
Inova Loudoun Hospital is seeking a Clinical Nurse Educator (RN) to serve the professional development needs of clinical team members across the Observation Unit, Progressive Care Units and the Acute Care Float Pool. This professional will be able to design and delivery quality education program to meet needs of the clinical team and improving patient outcomes.
The Clinical Educator (RN) responsibilities include competency and professional development and growth of nursing staff across using Inova Loudoun Professional Practice standard work. Also support hospital based programs such as orientation for new hires, new graduate nurse residency program, and other educational activities. Additionally, role integrates nursing staff with larger campus and implements system wide initiatives in collaboration with leaders and interprofessional colleagues.
Relocation Bonus Information - This Clinical Educator position is eligible for a Relocation Bonus for qualified candidates.
Shift: Full-time (M-F); 40 hrs/wk.
The Clinical Educator:
- Integrates theoretical knowledge, evidence-based principles, and clinical nursing expertise into educational experiences for both new employees and experienced staff.
- Plans and implements educational activities to support individual development and organizational goals.
- Implements Inova programs for staff to achieve patient care and outcome standards, such as core measures, magnet standards, and patient satisfaction.
- Utilizes system strategies and tools to assess competence of new nursing staff members, focusing on quality of care and patient safety goals.
- Informs appropriate nursing leader when staff is unable to successfully complete, or are noncompliant, with required competencies.
- Supports career credentialing with Virginia Nurses Association-approved contact hours for nursing.
- Assures that educational programming is linked to strategic initiatives.
- Assist with designs of curriculum for entry competence of nursing staff to clinical specialties, and coordinates the resulting program.
- Shares responsibility for the quality and safety of patient care.
- Contributes to quality and safety initiatives across the organization.
- Seeks opportunities for departmental improvement. Consistently applies Lean thinking to departmental operations to enhance services.
- Demonstrates and orientation toward achievement and professional growth of self and others.
- Prepares annual self-development plan, sets professional goals, and seeks opportunities for achieving them.
- Three years progressive experience in Nursing/Clinical Specialty and in Nursing/Clinical Education. Preferred: Five or more years of progressive experience in Cardiac Nursing/Clinical Specialty and staff development, or as college faculty.
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Health Care, Education and/or other relevant field.
- Specialty certification in area related to unit's clinical scope within one year of hire.
- BLS Certification from American Heart Association
- Licensed or eligible for license in the commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse.