Job DescriptionAs a Computed Tomography Technician, you will administer sound patient care practices, according to department and hospital policies/procedures, to ensure patient safety. To help achieve our mission, you will complete ancillary tasks to ensure efficient and consistent departmental operations. Your ability to demonstrate radiation protection/safety for patients, staff and self, as outlined in department protocols and regulatory guidelines, to ensure the safety of the patients and staff is of vital importance. Maintaining equipment, exam rooms and work areas in a neat and safe condition to ensure the safety of the patients and employees is required. Providing clinical services according to radiology practice standards and acting as a resource to radiography students and other technologists, to ensure optimal department functions, is expected.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of IVs, heparin locks and central line usage as they pertain to computed tomography, as evidenced by observations by supervisors and peers.
- Completes ancillary tasks to ensure efficient and consistent departmental operations.
- Correctly identifies patients and their files by ensuring a high degree of accuracy, as evidenced by the lack of mislabeled films, images and EMR charts.
- Tracks patients according to department procedures. Identifies errors and takes immediate action for corrections, as evidenced by the EMR and PACS systems as well as the Radiology Information Systems reports.
- Participates in department/hospital performance improvement initiatives, in-services and meetings, as evidenced by attendance records.
- Demonstrates radiation protection/safety for patients, staff and self as outlined in department protocols and regulatory guidelines, to ensure the safety of the patients and staff.
- Demonstrates the effective use of radiation protection with collimation devices and protective shielding, as evidenced by the incidence reports.
- Maintains an orderly, safe and clean environment. Ensures rooms are stocked with appropriate supplies and has required supplies readily available for procedures, as evidenced by customer satisfaction.
Graduate of an accredited school of radiography. ARRT required.
One year experience as a Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist and/or Computed Tomography Technologist in a hospital/healthcare environment. Current hospital experience as a CT Technologist. Current hospital experience as a Radiologic Technologist
BLS from AHA upon start
Radiologic Tech Computed Tech
Licensed in the State of Virginia. Must be licensed as required by the state of employment if employed at an INOVA free standing Imaging Center not affiliated with one of the INOVA Hospitals. State Licensure required for all INOVA non Hospital Licensed centers.