Computed Tomography Technologist - PRN
As a PRN Computed Tomography Technologist at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, you will provide clinical services according to practice standards to ensure optimal department functions. Be the ONE to take the next step in your career - excel in a CT Tech role at Inova. Grow in the Imaging field, with advanced resources & equipment and an environment that strives for the best!
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of IVs, heparin locks and central line usage as they pertain to computed tomography, as evidenced by observations by supervisors and peers.
- Completes ancillary tasks to ensure efficient and consistent departmental operations.
- Correctly identifies patients and their files by ensuring a high degree of accuracy, as evidenced by the lack of mislabeled films, images and EMR charts.
- Tracks patients according to department procedures. Identifies errors and takes immediate action for corrections, as evidenced by the EMR and PACS systems as well as the Radiology Information Systems reports.
- Participates in department/hospital performance improvement initiatives, in-services and meetings, as evidenced by attendance records.
- Demonstrates radiation protection/safety for patients, staff and self as outlined in department protocols and regulatory guidelines, to ensure the safety of the patients and staff.
- Demonstrates the effective use of radiation protection with collimation devices and protective shielding, as evidenced by the incidence reports.
- Maintains an orderly, safe and clean environment. Ensures rooms are stocked with appropriate supplies and has required supplies readily available for procedures, as evidenced by customer satisfaction.
- Work schedule: PRN
- Education: Graduate of accredited school/program of radiography
- Experience: 1 year experience as a Diagnostic Radiologic Technologist and/or Computed Tomography Technologist in a hospital/healthcare environment
- Certification: BLS; CPR; Must be certified by ARRT as a Radiologic Technologist; Must obtain CT Certification within one year of hire into position
WHAT’S YOUR VISION OF THE PERFECT WORK ENVIRONMENT?
You’ll find it at Inova.
Company Benefits and Perks:
At Inova, we strive to improve the health of the communities we serve, and that includes taking care of our team members, who help us fulfill our mission every day. That’s why we offer affordable, comprehensive benefits coverage for you and your family.
As a member of the Inova team, we encourage you to tailor your benefits to suit your needs. Join us and see how easy Inova makes it for you to perform at your very best at work, and live life to the fullest when you're done for the day.
Learn more about Inova Health System!