Oncology Patient Spec 1
Job DescriptionAs an Oncology Patient Specialist 1, you will provide excellent service by identifying internal/external customer needs and fulfilling their expectations. To help achieve our mission, you will communicate effectively with various audiences by using the most appropriate method for the situation. Your ability to complete work assignments within established quality standards while contributing to a safe patient care environment is of vital importance. Performing assigned duties related to the patient intake process of patients to oncology services is required. Identifying, analyzing and effectively solving problems is expected.
- Accepts responsibility to review and correct errors before completion and routes to others for review when appropriate.
- Demonstrates knowledge of safety policies and procedures relevant to department/position. Provides appropriate assistance to and on behalf of patients demonstrating/communicating a need for assistance.
- Greets and interviews incoming patients/visitors to identify their needs and direct them accordingly.
- Coordinates with other departments to assist or transport patients/visitors requiring special attention or support. Interviews patients to secure and document required medical, financial, demographic and insurance information.
- Resolves problems by clarifying issues, researching/exploring answers and alternative solutions and implementing solutions.
- Improves inefficiencies and minimizes repetitive errors. Shares error trends and makes recommendations to improve results with staff/team members.
- Coordinates and facilitates Call Center for smooth transferring or forwarding of calls to appropriate Oncology departments or individuals within the Cancer Center.
- Gathers information about customer complaints in a courteous and professional manner. Expresses sincere concern and empathy when dealing with customer complaints.
- Other duties as assigned.
High School diploma or GED
2 years of healthcare patient access experience, or 2 years experience in healthcare revenue cycle
Customer Focus, Customer Service, Data Entry Skills, Listening, Phone Skills, Verbal Communication, Building Relationships, People Skills, Interpersonal Savvy, Problem Solving, Multi-tasking. Proven proficiency in multiple Patient Access functions. Advanced communication and computer skills.