Back to Results
Volunteer Svcs Prog Supvr 11:30AM-8:00PM M-F
Fairfax Medical Campus 619275 Full Time 3300 Gallows Road, Falls Church, VA, 22042, USApply
Job DescriptionThe Volunteer Services Program Supervisor provides project management supervision for strategic and business operations for the five service areas within the Volunteer Services Department. Serves as department contact and liaison to all departmental special projects. Supervises large groups of volunteers in Patient Support Services to ensure compliance with hospital. This position maintains adequate volunteer coverage per shift, accurate completion of requests for volunteer assistance from staff while providing excellent customer service, and serves as primary point of contact for communication with staff and volunteer shift leads, and follows all regulations. Supports with administrative functions, including database management, maintenance of volunteer compliance and applicant onboarding requirements. Supports the Volunteer Services Program Operations Manager in the facilitation and tracking of initial training for all volunteers, ensuring compliance with hospital and Joint Commission requirements.
- Exhibits excellent project management and organizational skills to facilitate the design and implementation of project goals.
- Exhibits expertise in operations management and strategic direction.
- Demonstrates the ability to manage multiple projects within tight deadlines.
- Develops and executes work plans for special projects and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs, priorities and requirements.
- Exhibits outstanding collaboration and teamwork skills with diverse groups of people both internally and externally to successfully accomplish the goals of the project.
- Creates new and innovated ideas and opportunity statements for new project opportunities or program expansion initiatives.
- Designs and formats presentations and documents, using basic and intermediate features of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Effectively trains and coaches volunteers and team leads on hospital policies and safety procedures to meet TJC standards.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, liaising between hospital staff and volunteers, providing updates, changes, new policies and other information volunteers need to perform their tasks correctly and comply with hospital regulatory and/or The Joint Commission standards.
- Ensures errands are completed correctly and in a timely manner with excellent customer service, including enforcing the proper procedures for discharging and transporting patients; delivering patient flowers, mail and packages; and completing other errands as requested by staff.
- Liaises with Patient Transport and clinical colleagues, serving as primary point of contact on behalf of the volunteers regarding Patient Support Services matters.
- Serves as a resource for volunteers, working with staff as necessary to resolve questions and issues.
- Communicates with team leads/day chairs to ensure shifts are adequately staffed, monitors attendance, and secures additional volunteer support when needed.
- Serves as team lead/day chair when no other lead/day chair is available, effectively managing the flow of the shift, fielding requests from hospital units and dispatching volunteers to complete them.
- Responsible for the data management and administrative functions for volunteer service programs to ensure accuracy, maintenance, confidentiality & security of all required reports & documentation for volunteers.
- Organizes and tabulates data, often of a highly confidential nature, and maintain routine and/or specialized databases using Excel, or specialized database applications.
- Implements critical thinking skills to anticipate problems and provide timely resolutions, screening visitors and calls, responding to inquiries or referring them to others, scheduling meetings or calls, and following up, as appropriate.
- Revises or develops processes and procedures as needed to support efficient and effective department operations, implementing policies when appropriate.
- Communicates effectively with staff and volunteers to increase volunteer, staff and public satisfaction.
- In the absence of the Volunteer Services Program Operations Manager, facilitates introductory orientation and training for volunteers on hospital policies and safety procedures to meet TJC standards.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for new applicants, processing all compliance requirements including background check, TB/flu and scheduling of class date.
- Facilitates logistics on the training day, including securing catering, overseeing registration and training paperwork.
- Other duties as assigned.
Evidence of group/project work plus proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs and Applications.
Education: Bachelor's Degree