Cancer Registrar 2
Inova's Fairfax Medical Campus Cancer Registry department is looking for a Full Time Cancer Registrar 2 to join their team.
As a Cancer Registrar 2, you will analyze core information from medical records including demographic data, diagnostic procedures and the extent of disease as specified by the Commission on Cancer (CoC) requirements for cancer program accreditation. To help achieve our mission, you will assume primary responsibility for identifying, registering and abstracting patients with cancer. Initiating and conducting Oncology related quality improvement initiatives for review by the cancer committee or administration is required. Your ability to promote the continuing care of cancer patients through an active follow up system to comply with CoC accreditation standards is of vital importance.
- Demonstrates technical proficiency of clinical information by identifying eligible patients for entry into the cancer registry database by reviewing the various case-finding sources per departmental procedures.
- Performs quality control of data to ensure a high-quality database by generating and reviewing preprogrammed reports monthly according to departmental procedures.
- Approves content and layout of data while completing tasks promptly – dependent upon the complexity of the report.
- Ensures submission of completed registry data to the Virginia Cancer Registry, as required by Virginia law 32.1-70, and to the National Cancer Database, as required by the standards of Commission on Cancer (CoC), as evidenced by monthly monitoring.
- Provides leadership and technical expertise to coordinate all aspects of Oncology related continuing medical education.
- Prepares and coordinates all aspects of the survey meeting as required by departmental policies.
- Ensures compliance with mandatory physician staging and physician quality review of data according to departmental guidelines.
Two (2) years of Cancer Registry related experience and familiarity with Commission on Cancer Standards
Certified Tumor Registrar required