Registered Nurse (RN) Adult/Pediatric Emergency Float Pool
Inova’s flagship location is Inova Fairfax Medical Campus, a 923-bed medical center serving Northern Virginia, the Washington DC metro area and beyond. Inova Fairfax is a Magnet designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence and innovation.
The Fairfax Float Pool team consists of well-trained and experienced nurses who have the unique ability to adjust, or “float,” between several different units within Fairfax Medical Campus which includes, critical care areas, progressive care units, medical/surgical units, pediatric and Emergency department across the nursing spectrum – often within the same shift. Based on your background and skills, a Float Pool Nurse is assigned on a daily basis to various units in the hospital. Progressive Care Nurses are nurses are well versed and trained to take care of the cardiac care population such as stable NSTEMI, stable arrhythmias, heart and lung transplant patients, pulmonary hypertension, vascular and COPD. They are also trained to float on the procedure areas or cardiac diagnostics.
Inova’s mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve.
Inova is the only health system in the country where all 5 hospitals received five-star rankings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; they are the only hospitals in the Washington, DC region to have earned the highest rating from the federal agency. Inova is home to prominent clinicians and scientists, who drive innovation to improve patient care, prevent disease and promote wellness.
We have great benefits!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Clinical Advancement Ladder
- InovaWell program (health and wellness)
- 401K matching program
Nurses on the Float Pool have excellent communication skills, strong decision making, ability to multitask and problem-solving skills. They enjoy going to different units every day and are always ready to embrace new challenges with the positive attitude and always putting patients first.
- Two years Tele/Med/Surg experience required
- BSN or MSN
- If Associates Degree RN, within 6 months of start date, identify accredited school to attend to complete BSN. Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date which must be within 24 months of start date
- BLS Certification required (AHA) American Heart Association
- ACLS AND NIHSS (or obtained within 4 weeks of start date)
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal, and written communication skills