Job DescriptionAs Administrative Director, you will embrace Inova Health System's leadership traits and demonstrate supporting behaviors. To help achieve our mission, you will influence improvements in practice settings by maintaining current standards and assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning. Providing direction and guidance to others regarding practice and serving as a resource/mentor is of vital importance. Your demonstrated leadership skills in decision making and problem solving will help you achieve success. You will utilize guidelines, standards and research to support a care delivery system that produces quality patient care with optimal patient outcomes.
- Fosters leadership by providing consistent communication and demonstrates mutual support. Participates in lifelong learning including a minimum of 21 formal contact hours. Demonstrates effective problem solving, decision making skills and serves as a change agent, resource, mentor and role model.
- Provides as point of escalation and troubleshoots operational concerns appropriately using policies, procedures, chain of command and sound judgement.
- Advocates patient rights from the patient/family perspective. Provides counsel and acts as a resource to resolve issues. Promotes the development of clinical decision making of all team members.
- Practices in and supports quality/performance improvement initiatives. Demonstrates sound project management skills. Ensures quality patient care by monitoring clinical nursing practice and patient care delivery that support optimal patient outcomes.
- Ensures institutional compliance with professional, regulatory and government standards of care. Monitors customer satisfaction and seeks ways to continually improve customer satisfaction.
- Creates and maintains respectful relationships throughout Inova Health System and external customers. Encourages cross-boundary involvement in obtaining department goals. Works with peers and others in the operating unit and throughout the system to achieve goals.
- Supports and contributes to operating unit and system committees and initiatives. Supports and assists appropriately in Inova's strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and assists in the resolution of conflict among health care team members, patients and families.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Three years experience in Acute Care. Clinical experience must be within the last year.
BLS and ACLS through the American Heart Association.
Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia.