Registered Nurse Float Pool
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is a 237-bed hospital offering patients convenience and state-of-the-art care in a community environment. Our hospital sits on 26 acres of beautifully landscaped open space, where patients can find moments of serenity in our specially designed gardens.
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital is home to the nationally recognized Inova Joint Replacement Center and Inova Rehabilitation Center. Both are ranked among the top orthopedic and rehabilitation programs in the country. It also is the administrative and clinical home for the Inova Wound Healing Center, the region's largest and most experienced.
As a Registered Nurse – Float Pool, you will provide knowledgeable/caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patients, families, nurses and healthcare delivery teams. To help achieve our mission, you will consistently provide safe/therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way while incorporating differences into the provision of care. Your ability to serve as a resource, preceptor and mentor while demonstrating leadership skills in decision making and problem solving is of vital importance. Serving as an empowering body to influence patient empowerment as well as successful outcomes of financial and clinical quality through relationships and access based knowledge is required. Determining processes for delivery of care from direct patient/family communication, technology and other healthcare team member collaboration is essential.
- Performs comprehensive assessments by interpreting multiple, sometimes conflicting, data sets and synthesizing their interrelationships.
- Formulates individualized plans of care based on assessment findings and interpreting trends in patient populations to achieve best practice.
- Supports and empowers patient/families as they progress through the healthcare continuum from health promotion to end of life decisions.
- Advocates for patients' rights from the patient/family perspective while providing counsel and acting as a resource to resolve issues.
- Anticipates ethical, spiritual and cultural needs of patients and intervenes to maximize patient outcomes. Coordinates healthcare and alternate services for patient/family transition planning.
- Makes clinical decisions based on experience, patient population data and intuition while promoting the development of clinical decision making of all team members.
- Documents all patient care activities, as per documentation standards, and assists healthcare team members with documentation.
- Evaluates the outcomes of documentation and contributes to related performance improvement initiatives
At Inova, safety is the foundation of everything we do. You’re always safe at Inova.
Our commitment to quality starts with the safety of our team members. We safeguard our patients, by safeguarding our employees.
Our commitment to keeping patients safe, means there’s no safer place for you to work.
· Inova is well stocked with the best and latest PPE
· Masks are provided to patients entering our buildings, and offered free to visitors
· Covid-19 patients are isolated in dedicated areas
· Inova operates curbside Covid-19 testing sites that are far removed from the main facilities
· All team members are trained in the latest screening guidelines
- 2+ years of acute care RN experience
- Education: BSN or AD
- If Associates Degree RN - Within 6 months of start date, meet with nurse leader:
- Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend
- Submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses
- Provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date.
- Complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification (American Heart Association) required
- NIHSS and ACLS preferred (or obtained while on orientation)