LPN Outpatient- Inova Cares Clinic for Community Bridging (Fairfax)
Inova Cares Clinic for Community Bridging (ICCCB) is under Inova’s Community Health Services Division and is a part of Inova’s commitment to support care to patients regardless of their ability to pay. ICCCB is a comprehensive program designed to support medically vulnerable patients with a recent Inova hospitalization or ED visit to ensure quality transitions of care outcomes and support the ambulatory physician community in managing this challenging population after discharge. The ICCCB clinics are post-acute clinics that provide immediate attention to medically complex patients who require intensive follow-up care. Patients are provided appointments to ensure that all hospital discharge instructions, medication reconciliation and symptoms have been stabilized and resolved prior to transitioning back to their PCP or to a long-term medical home. Clinic services also include disease and medication education, prescription assistance, case management support and community resource connection. This position will serve the Leesburg clinic location and is a Monday-Friday position with Inova recognized holidays off.
A Typical Day As An LPN Consists Of:
- Checking Vitals
- Triaging Patients
- Rooming Patients
- Documentation in EMR (EPIC)
- Prescription Refills
- In Basket Management
- Patient Calls and Education
- Assisting with Procedures
- This is a great opportunity in the outpatient arena for you to further your knowledge and experience regardless if you are a seasoned nurse or have graduated within the last couple of years.
A Little More:
- Clinical Practice and Case Management - Provides safe therapeutic care in a holistic and systematic way. Incorporates differences into the provision of care. Integrates knowledge, skills, and experience to meet the needs of patients and families throughout the continuum to include patient and family education.
- Teamwork - Communicates effectively and work cooperatively with others. Has a respect and understanding of other clinical disciplines and an integrated approach towards patient outcomes.
- Quality/Best Practice - Utilizes standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery. Incorporates data and information to continuously improve care and practice to enhance outcomes.
- Professional Development - Ensures improvement in practice settings by assuming responsibility for the self development in life-long learning. Provides direction and guidance to others regarding practice, serves as a resource preceptor, and mentor. Leadership skills demonstrated in decision making and problem solving.
What You Need:
- Education: Graduate of an accredited LPN school.
- Certifications: BLS Certification (from the American Heart Association)
- Licensure: Eligible for licensing in the commonwealth of Virginia as a LPN
- Skills: Proficient in English, verbal and written communication skills and computer skills required.
- Participates in performance improvement initiatives.
- Participates on unit teams, work groups and/or committees.
- Demonstrates knowledge of unit based quality improvement initiatives.
- Identifies own learning needs based on self-evaluation and the progress made from the previous year.
- Provides direct patient care utilizing the nursing process under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Maintains own team member continuing education record as well as outlined core and specialty competencies relevant to area of practice.
- Effectively communicates with healthcare team members and patients/families while supporting healthcare team members to achieve goals.
- Maintains and reviews patient medical records, notes and physician orders while documenting all patient care activities in accordance with documentation standards