BI Developer Sr. - Patient Flow
Job DescriptionWe are currently looking for a BI Developer Sr with experience in the Healthcare/Provider industry. The person will assess client requirements, detail their current data needs, and design a data sourcing strategy for developing and implementing proper BI contents. In addition, the person will input into proper design and necessary data architecture across the Enterprise in a federated user/departmental environment. As a member of the team, this person will be a subject matter expert in the organization to build, organize, publish, share and manage BI contents.This person will work closely with Data Administrators and Data Architects to enforce proper end-to-end management of BI assets. The person will also be responsible for preparation and delivery of training for end-users, new and existing team members for content created. On the operational side, the Senior Developer will work with vendor and other support organizations on BI related incident tickets, software upgrade evaluation and testing, process automation and continuous process improvements in varied platforms.Strong project management skills are needed to ensure tasks and projects are completed in a successful, timely manner; and to escalate issues as appropriate. The person can work independently to addresses problem and resolution. Maintains applications and facilitates updates, new releases and system enhancements. Communicates project and team status to internal and external audiences including the operations teams, steering committees, Executive sponsors and project principles as requiredCandidates must be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, to be able to work with users and other team members to be a contributor to build out best practices on data life cycle, data quality, data lineage and content governance to support all enterprise platforms.
- Work independently to develop high quality BI contents that meets business needs
- Promote consistent use of BI contents and calculations; recommend standards and BI best practices for the organization
- Assist in gather information and support on data governance processes
- Analyzing the use of data and interpreting data directly against requirements.
- Capturing source data characteristics and abstracting them into consolidated data repository with proper data lineage and change control – including data from internal and external sources, also on premises or from the Cloud.
- Determining the logical design characteristics and information management strategies necessary to store, move, and manage data from a wide variety of database platforms.
- Responsible to create, vet and publish data sources for common use in our BI tools (currently Tableau, Crystal and EPIC reporting products).
- Gathering, documenting, and designing data integration and data visualization requirements for projects for small organizations through large corporations.
- Assist BI content creators to rapidly generate impactful, interactive visualizations with consistent and proper data elements
- Excellent interpersonal and rapport-building skills to bridge communication between technical and non-technical project staff, clinical staff and other stakeholders.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, adapt to rapidly changing situations and succeed in a high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
- High sense of urgency with an ability to drive results.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and address resolutions with minimal assistance
Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or closely related field. In very limited situations education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree
Master's Degree preferred
3 years of experience with advanced report writing using SQL, Tableau and Tableau Prep, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Clarity report writer or similar relational database concepts with query techniques
Preferred: 5+ years of experience with advanced report writing using SQL, Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Clarity report writer or similar relational database concepts with query techniques. If advanced degree of master’s or above, 2 years of related experience. Additional business Intelligence Universe development is a plus.
Epic Cogito certification or SQL or BI products
· Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
· Experience in SQL and SQL scripting.
· A 3+ years of experience using data visualization development.
· Experience in implementing best practices in end-to-end BI development and governance for the organization.
· Ability to interact with business users/leaders at all levels within the organization. Familiar with software development life cycle and project management tools (such as Agile and JIRA). Experience in enterprise software design, implementation, and deployment.
· Ability to break problems down into discrete steps or activities.
· Strong knowledge of capabilities, functionality, and behaviors of BI tools; strong knowledge of ETL process in EPIC Clarity and Caboodle.
· Experience on day-to-day support and to create BI contents that are optimizing and scale to with large number of end users