Registered Nurse Emergency Trauma Specialist
Inova Fairfax Hospital’s Level 1 ED Trauma Unit is looking for a Full time Trauma Nurse Specialist
Sign-on and relocation bonus available!
We have great benefits!
Competitive Sign-on Bonus (up to 20k)
Loan Forgiveness Program
Clinical Advancement Ladder
InovaWell program (health and wellness)
401K matching program
Paid Parental Leave
This role works as a clinical expert and leader within the department. In addition to being present in all trauma activations as a resource to the RNs in the trauma bay as well as the patient, the TNS:
- Is a resource for new equipment/processes used in the ED
- Is efficient in all roles (Charge, Triage Team lead, Communications room, etc…)
- Assists with the Trauma Nurse Orientation program
- Inova Fairfax Hospital Emergency Room is Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Emergency Trauma Center for treating the most critically injured patients
- Inova Fairfax Medical Campus has been awarded straight A’s in patient safety two consecutive years
- Joint Commission Gold Seal for Stroke Care
- Radiology and lab services open 24/7, radiology and CT scans occur onsite in the emergency room
As an Inova Trauma Nurse Specialist you will:
- Provide knowledgeable and caring clinical practice and care coordination through an understanding of patient, family, nurse, and healthcare delivery team.
- Serves as a preceptor and mentor for the unit
- Use an integrated approach toward patient outcomes
- Utilize standards, guidelines, and pathways for care delivery.
Experience Required: Recent hospital emergency/trauma room experience and /or previous nursing practice experience.
Min: Two years of RN ED experience in a Leveled Trauma hospital.
Strongly prefer 2 years of Level 1 ED experience.
CEN certification required within 6 months of hire.
Clinical Certification required. BLS, ACLS, PALS and ATCN or TNCC.
Degree from an accredited school of nursing
Licensure: Licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a Registered Nurse.
For internal use only: #LI-KA1 IND1