Registered Nurse (RN) GE Lab/Endoscopy PRN
Inova Mount Vernon Hospital (IMVH) is a 237-bed community hospital that offers a full range of healthcare services and has received Leapfrog: Straight A’s in Safety Award, 5-star rating from 2021 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and Outstanding Patient Experience Award. We have and Heart and Vascular Institute comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation program and the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Program in Northern Virginia. Inova Mount Vernon hospital has the Joint Commission accreditation, is a Primary Stroke Center, and has the Gold Seal of Approval for Joint Replacement. We are also in the journey to Magnet. We are dedicated to continually expanding our programs and services to help ensure we meet the healthcare needs of the communities we serve today and in the future.
Our experienced, enthusiastic, welcoming team works with both inpatients and outpatients performing advanced endoscopic procedures on adult. Our nurses also help with Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) procedures for our outpatient psychiatric population. Regular work week is Monday-Friday, no weekends, no holidays. Call is shared with the nurses for coverage of after-hour emergencies, weekends, and holidays.
We are a community hospital located in Alexandria and we are equipped with 9 OR rooms and 2 endoscopy suites. We offer full range of endoscopy services including ERCP.
- A minimum of 6 months of Registered Nurse clinical experience in the acute care setting
- RN with at least 2 years of GI/Endoscopy, Pre-Op, Intra-Op or Post-op experience is highly desired
- BSN or If Associates Degree RN-Within 6 months of start date must meet with nurse leader to Identify which Accredited School the employee plans to attend, submit a review of transcript from the school indicating the required pre-requisites and timeline for taking the courses, provide a written plan with anticipated BSN completion date, complete BSN within 24 months of start date
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- ACLS & BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification issued by the AHA is required
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others
- Proficient computer skills required