Job DescriptionAs a Resource Coordinator, you will assist end-users in researching and purchasing best value products and services to ensure the proper needs and goals of the organization are met. To help achieve our mission, you will inventory supplies daily and reorders via the Materials Management Information System (MMIS) to ensure that nursing units are adequately supplied. Your ability to access areas where IV fluids and related supplies are stored to inventory, requisition and replenish as needed is of vital importance. Facilitating coordination with various clinical teams such as cardiac, pediatric, electrophysiology and peripheral vascular while communicating limitations or recalls of supply products is essential. Reviewing all non-salary financial reports with the Patient Care Director on a monthly basis and assisting the Patient Care Director in executing and maintaining costs is required.
- Ensures compliance with GPO and Inova Health System specific contracts.
- Researches new product information for end-users and communicates new needs or problems with products to the Facility Materials Manager.
- Ensures that pricing availability and approximate delivery date information is given to end-users as needed.
- Establishes, monitors and adjusts supply par levels according to utilization trends which are reviewed and adjusted during the monthly budget review process conducted by the Patient Care Director.
- Expedites back orders or acquires acceptable product substitutes for patient care delivery.
- Processes all stock and non-stock orders within 24 hours or identified timeframes. Inventories supplies daily to include IV fluids, other related supplies (i.e. needles/syringes/IV tubing) and reorders via the Materials Management Information System (MMIS) to ensure that nursing units are adequately supplied.
- Ensures that Operating Room Aides have stocked operating rooms with equipment and that inventory is completed.
- Maintains accurate and timely processing of all purchase order transactions through the MMIS to ensure timely receipt and payment.
- Ensures that reports are managed on a weekly basis (i.e. Buyer messages, PO Status Reports, Buyer Expediting Reports and Pend Hold Reports).
- Ensures that all Information System policies and procedures are followed at all times as outlined in Inova Buyer's Guide.
- Works with end-users to identify and resolve direct expense variances relating to purchase order transactions on a monthly basis.
- Assists Business Manager in working with end-users to identify and resolve direct expense variances relating to purchase order transactions on a monthly basis.
- Proactively reviews surgical schedules and works with the Senior Nurse Specialist or Management Coordinators to ensure correct equipment or instrumentation is obtained for the surgical cases.
- Manages staff to ensure that their work activities are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Works with Operating Room leadership to forecast the equipment needs for future budgets.
- Participates in product review committees and supports the utilization of information for the committee.
- Reviews all monthly financial reports for accuracy.
- Informs the Patient Care Director of variations or changes in supply consumption. Works with Accounting to correct any errors. Reviews all monthly financial reports for accuracy.
- Performs interviews and facilitates selection processes and training for new hires. Ensures that all staff competencies are up to date. Ensures that all team member evaluations are completed on a timely basis. Sets clear performance expectations for the Operating Room Aide staff, encourages staff development and facilitates the progressive discipline process should problems arise.
2-3 years related experience required
Working knowledge with the Materials Management Information System and standard office tools
Strong math and analytical skills. Able to analyze financial and budgetary reports. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.