Registered Nurse Manager Surgical Short Stay Full Time
Registered Nurse Manager Surgical Short Stay Full Time Days
The Surgical Short Stay unit is a 12 bed Ambulatory unit, with much of the population - same day surgery. With rapid turnover in census and population, we are looking for an RN Manager with experience in working in a fast paced environment.
Inova’s mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve.
Inova is the only health system in the country where all 5 hospitals received five-star rankings from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services; they are the only hospitals in the Washington, DC region to have earned the highest rating from the federal agency. Inova is home to prominent clinicians and scientists, who drive innovation to improve patient care, prevent disease and promote wellness.
As a Nurse Manager, you will demonstrate leadership traits and supporting behavioral competencies by supporting Inova Health System's mission and strategic plans while managing a nursing unit with 24-hour responsibility. To help achieve our mission, you will utilize The Joint Commission standards and nursing practice tools/research to support a care delivery system that produces quality care with optimal outcomes. Your ability to serve as a primary Liaison and information resource for your unit of responsibility while overseeing the provision of therapeutic care in a holistic and evidence based environment, which produces excellent patient care with optimal patient outcomes, is of vital importance. Providing direction and guidance to others regarding practice while serving as a resource and a mentor to staff is required. Communicating effectively and working cooperatively with others while showing respect for and an appreciation for the contributions of all team members is expected.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and seeks ways to continually improve by ensuring implementation of evidence based practices such as, but not limited to, discharge phone calls, leadership rounding (i.e. patients, physicians and internal customers), AIDET and HML conversations.
- Participates in the development and implementation of a patient safety program and ensures that staff is clinically competent and trained in their role in patient safety. Influences improvements in practice settings by maintaining current standards and assuming responsibility for self-development in lifelong learning.
- Ensures that all team members possess and maintain proper assessment and clinical skills appropriate for the patient population. Ensures quality care by managing clinical nursing practice and care delivery that support optimal outcomes.
- Ensures execution and documentation of the Center for Medicaid & Medicare Services core indicators when appropriate. Conducts education and mock MSET's in addition to participating in unit specific drills.
- Analyzes practices that contribute to variance, draws conclusions from aggregate data, identifies resources to assist in variance analysis and assists with drawing conclusions from aggregate data.
- Assists in the development and monitoring of metrics related to process improvement at the unit level by using national and organizational benchmarks that target evidence based outcomes. Facilitates the implementation of a non-punitive error reporting system to encourage mitigation of unsafe practice.
- Participates in the risk/liability assessment while developing and implementing corrective action plans. Partners with peers, other staff in the operating unit and throughout the system to achieve objectives.
- Assists with IRCA completion and implementation of corrective action plans at the unit level. Assists in the development of patient care quality improvement goals at the department/unit level.
- Education: BSN
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience as an RN in a clinical setting
- Certification: Basic Life Support (BLS)
- Licensure: Registered Nurse
- Additional skills: Proficient in English. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to display a caring demeanor toward others. Basic skills in leadership and management. Proficient computer skills required.