Medical Asst Phys Office C 2
The renowned Inova Cardiology in Fairfax is seeking a dedicated Medical Assistant to join their dynamic team. Don’t miss out on this great opportunity, apply today!
As a Medical Assistant 2 for Physicians' Offices/Clinics, you will provide patient care as well as clerical and environmental control services, according to established policies and procedures, in a clinical practice. To help achieve our mission, you will act as a role model and informal leader for other Medical Assistants in the department. Your ability to utilize information to continuously improve patient care and practice while enhancing outcomes is of vital importance. Communicating to physicians regarding patient concerns/flow, follow up appointments and referrals maintenance is required. Collaborating with physicians/staff to provide coordinated, safe and compassionate care for patients is expected.
- Performs daily chart reviews with Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses and physicians as indicated by department and/or clinic.
- Demonstrates participation in continuing education activities that enhance/expand professional knowledge and abilities.
- Reports consistent patient data in a concise and thorough manner. Identifies patients' needs at appointment time through written and verbal interactions. Works with other Medical Assistants and clinical staff in guiding patient care under the direct supervision of the provider.
- Performs general patient care responsibilities (e.g. checking schedules and organizing patient flow, recording patient blood pressure and height/weight, accompanying patients to exam/procedure rooms, assisting patients as needed with walking).
- Fulfills environmental responsibilities (e.g. setting up instruments and equipment according to protocol, cleaning exam/procedure rooms and instruments/equipment between patient visits, ordering/storing supplies, restocking exam/procedure rooms).
- Demonstrates compassion and caring in dealing with others. Uses unbiased observations when caring for patients and reporting to the physician for care concerns.
- Assists with the identification of actual and potential risks to patient safety. Records "Safety Always" events and identifies causes of safety events along with the manager/director and the clinic staff. Works with clinical leaders to decrease safety events.
- Organizes medical records including Laboratory results, X-ray results, consultations, progress notes and any other information required by the provider.
Experience: One year experience working in a clinic, hospital or healthcare setting.
Education: High School or GED and Graduation from an accredited Medical Assisting program with a diploma designation with consistent level of known leadership abilities and progressive education in the health care field
Certification: Medical Assistant (MA) Certification; Basic Life Support (BLS) from the American Heart Association
Special Skills: Medical terminology proficient, verbal and written communication skills, point-of-care testing abilities, and vaccination protocol,
Inova is Northern Virginia’s leading nonprofit healthcare provider. Our mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve. Inova’s 18,000 team members serve more than 2 million individuals annually through an integrated network of hospitals, primary and specialty care practices, emergency and urgent care centers, outpatient services and destination institutes.
Inova’s five hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
Inova is home to Northern Virginia’s only Level 1 Trauma Center and Level 4 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Its hospitals have a total of 1,936 licensed beds. More information and statistics about Inova can be found at www.inova.org
Safety Always: Learn how we keep our team members and patients Safe@Inova