Registered Nurse Cardiac ICU
The Cardiac Intensive Care Unit (CICU) at Inova Fairfax is seeking an experienced RN. Full time 3 x 12-hour shifts (D/N rotation or Nights). CICU is a fast-paced critical care environment that places a strong emphasis on teamwork, excellent patient care, and providing a variety of learning opportunities to support the professional growth of our team. Our high performing nursing team works in close collaboration with extensively trained medical colleagues to include a Cardiac Intensivist, Medical Intensivists, Interventionalists and Cardiologists rotating as CICU attending, and Cardiology Fellows.
Sign On/Relocation Bonus Information:
We have a competitive Sign-on Bonus $10K-$20K and Relocation Bonus for qualified candidates.
Our specialty population includes but is not limited to:
- Unstable STEMI management and post PCI/PTCA recovery, serving as STEMI response for the campus
- Complex cardiac arrest and cardiogenic shock management including therapeutic hypothermia, CRRT, ECMO, Impella, and IABP therapies
- Complex advanced heart failure management, including traditional LVAD therapies, Heartmate and Heartware, as well state of the art percutaneous VAD devices (Tandem Heart)
- Complex unstable arrhythmia management, including care of complicated laser-assisted lead removal for PPM/AICD replacement, and transvenous pacemakers
- Advanced pulmonary hypertension therapies including Remodulin and Veletri
Key aspects of our unit that allow us to perform high quality care:
- State of the art monitoring devices and frequent exposure to cutting edge technologies and therapies
- Highly trained charge nurses out of staffing 24/7 in addition to a resource nurse
- A highly engaged core leadership team including nursing, medical, and pharmacy leaders who are invested in the patient care, growth of the program, and success of the team
- Medical direction by a highly skilled Cardiac Intensivist in collaboration with Fellowship Program Director, and a Medical Intensivist
- Highly trained Cardiac Clinical Specialist
- A growing Cardiology Fellow program that supports a model of 24-hour cardiology availability
- Clinical technicians who provide CNA and phlebotomy support
- A zero-tolerance policy for negativity and disrespect between team members
- A strong emphasis on professional growth and development
Qualities that would make you right for our team:
- Excellent critical thinking skills and emergency management
- Collaborative approach to patient care
- Eagerness to learn
- Compassion and empathy
- Effective communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude
- Above all a passion for excellent patient care throughout the care continuum
We look forward to you joining our team and allowing us to guide you on your journey to become the best clinical nurse you can be. Please see the link below for additional information regarding Inova’s Heart and Vascular Institute.
Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to announce that the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded Magnet® designation, the most prestigious accolade for nursing excellence, to our hospital in December 2020. Currently, only 8.5% of hospitals in the nation hold Magnet® designation and Inova Fairfax Hospital is proud to be part of this select group. The new Magnet designation is in addition to several other prestigious recognitions which include: a five-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), being named by IBM Watson Health as one the nation's highest performing hospitals, and among the top 10 Major Teaching Hospitals, an A for Patient Safety by The Leapfrog Group, the #1 hospital in the DC metro area by U.S. News & World Reports and being nationally ranked in gynecologic care.
- At least 1 Year of RN clinical experience in a Critical Care setting or completion of a Critical Care fellowship. 1 - 2 Years of Critical Care/Cardiac RN experience strongly preferred.
- Education - BSN or Associates Degree Nursing required
If RN has an ADN- must commit to completing BSN within 24 months of hire
- BLS for Healthcare Provider Certification required and ACLS strongly preferred (must obtain within first 3 months)
- RN licensed, or eligible to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia as a RN
- Proficient in English, strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skill and the ability to display a caring demeanor towards others
- Proficient computer skills required
We have great benefits!
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Free Parking
- Clinical Advancement Ladder
- InovaWell program (health and wellness)
- 401K matching program
Inova’s mission is to provide world-class healthcare – every time, every touch – to each person in every community we have the privilege to serve.