Clinical Research Nurse Coord 3
Clinical Research Positions available at The Inova Schar Early Phase Developmental Therapeutics Program.
The Inova Schar Cancer Institute is seeking new team members to support our clinical research program focused on early phase therapeutics. Qualified candidates will have experience in clinical research as clinical research nurses or non-nurse coordinators having worked in an oncology and/or phase 1 research setting.
Early Phase Developmental Therapeutics Program
Inova Schar Cancer Institute as a state-of-the-art cancer center in the Washington, DC metro area is dedicated to providing opportunities to participate in clinical research. Early phase clinical trials examine novel therapies, with a focus on safety and important response signals.
Our Early Phase Developmental Therapeutics Program is led by the internationally known Dr. Nagla Abdel Karim and includes a team of doctors, specialists, PharmDs, nurses and care givers with significant expertise. The Program focuses on the latest drug discovery, advanced treatments and personalized approach to therapy. Molecular analysis of tumors is used to determine treatments that includes better options. Our program conducts broad phase I studies across disease boundaries and molecular targets. We are dedicated to our patients to bring them the best quality cancer care through an outstanding program that delivers new drugs that may eventually improve the management of cancer.
- To provide novel clinical trials options to patients with cancer.
- To provide Early-Phase Immunotherapy Trials.
- To provide Early phase Genomically-Driven Clinical Trials to patients whose tumors harbor genetic mutations or aberrations. Our well-established Molecular Tumor Board provides great support to this group of patients.
- To improve treatment options for patients with cancer through research.
- To offer options for our cancer patients across the different tumor types who meet eligibility for our Phase I clinical trials.
The Clinical Research Nurse Coordinator III (CRNC III) is a competent clinician who utilizes the nursing process and current clinical knowledge to provide professional nursing care in the context of research study coordination and care. The CRCN III acts as study coordinator for assigned studies and assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient’s physical, learning and psychosocial care. The CRCN III coordinates clinical drug and device study protocols using diverse clinical assessment and administrative skills and knowledge, to ensure that the appropriate data is compiled and reported, protocol and regulatory requirements are met, and study participants follow correct steps. The CRCN III performs highly interactive liaisons with sponsor companies, staff personnel, physicians and study patients. The CRCN III conducts study protocols in accordance with sponsor requirements, FDA, state regulations and Inova policies and procedures. The CRCN III provides appropriate clinical assessment of study patient to provide quality care throughout the study and follow up period. Confidentiality and accuracy of all study records will be ensured.
- Five years of nursing, including at least 4 years clinical research experience
- BSN and/or RN in Nursing
- Active Virginia RN license
- Basic Life Support by American Heart Association
- CCRC or CCRP certification