As a Behavioral Health Therapist 2, you will demonstrate the ability to assess and diagnose mental health and/or substance use disorders through a bio/psycho/social department specific evidenced based assessment. To help achieve our mission, you will integrate assessments using information related to cultural, clinical, ethnic, age and other factors into the plan of care. Providing a range of therapeutic interventions, psycho-educational programming and behavioral interventions (when indicated) to assist the patient/family in achieving the goals and objectives of the individualized service plan is required. Your ability to provide care management to ensure the patient and family receive and are subsequently referred to appropriate healthcare and community resources to optimize treatment/intervention outcomes is of vital importance.
What We Have to Offer YOU!
Benefits and Perks!
- Tuition Assistance: Tuition reimbursement up to a maximum assistance of $5,250
- Student Loan Assistance: Monthly payment toward team member’s outstanding student loan debt
- Paid Parental Leave: Provide up to four weeks 100% pay for team members to care for and bond with a newborn or newly adopted child
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Savings and Spending Accounts (HSA/FSA)
- Life Insurance, Short/Long Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Plan: Inova makes a matching contribution on the first 5% of pay you contribute
- Time Away Programs: You earn or “accrue” PTO on an hourly basis during the calendar year, beginning with your first hour of work.
- Supplemental Benefits: Auto/Home Insurance discounts, Pet Insurance & Pet Care Discount Program, Identity Theft Protection, Legal Services
- Additional Benefits, Perks, & Discounts: Commuter Benefits, Back-up Child and Elder Care, Adoption Assistance Plan, Credit Union, Team Member Purchasing Program
- Masters degree or Ph.D., PsyD, EdD in mental health, social work, counseling, psychology, or behavioral health-related field.
- Two years of experience in mental health/substance use disorder treatment, psychoeducational programming.
- Experienced in brief, targeted, evidence-based interventions (crisis intervention, trauma, integrative therapies).
- BLS through American Hear Association (obtained within 3 months of start date)
- Crisis Prevention Institute (obtained within 6 months of start date)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT), Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Clinical Psychologist (LCP), or Licensed Substance Abuse Professional (LSATP)
- Assesses and diagnoses mental health and/or substance use disorders through a bio/psycho/social department-specific evidenced based assessment identifying patient and family goals and needs. Integrates assessment using information related to cultural, clinical, ethnic, age and other factors into the plan of care and provides a range of therapeutic interventions, psycho-educational programming and behavioral interventions (when indicated) to assist the patient/family in achieving the goals and objectives of the individualized service plan.
- Provides care management to ensure that the patient and family receive and are subsequently referred to appropriate healthcare and community resources to optimize treatment/intervention outcomes. When indicated by role, participates in inpatient and community psychoeducational programs, facilitates support groups for specified disease processes related to mental health, medical diagnosis and chronic or life-limited illnesses while assisting with community outreach as needed.
- Provides documentation and performs administrative functions appropriate to the clinical role and/or department.
- Adheres to Inova Health System's Culture of Safety and participates in maintaining a professional culture throughout the organization.
- Strives to increase professional knowledge, develop expertise and works toward licensure and certifications. Practices within the Code of Ethics. Participates in staff meetings and professional committees as assigned.
About Inova Health System
Inova’s hospitals are consistently recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals and Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grades for excellence in healthcare.
We are proud to be named one of Forbes’ 2022 Best Employers for Women, #11 of 5,000+ facilities on Nurse Journal’s national 2023 Best Places to Work as a Nurse list, and a Top Performer in the 2022 Healthcare Equality Index for LGBTQ+ Healthcare Equality.
Inova’s Anti-Discrimination Employment Policy
Inova Health System is committed to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action. To fulfill this commitment, Inova Health System does not discriminate in any employment-related decision and administers all of its employment programs, procedures and practices without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, pregnancy (including childbirth, pregnancy-related conditions and lactation), race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information. Inova operates both affirmative action and equal opportunity programs, consistent with federal and state requirements, including Governor's Executive Order One (2018). Consistent with federal and state requirements, Inova also prohibits retaliation against any person who files a charge of discrimination, participates in a discrimination proceeding, or otherwise opposes an unlawful employment practice.