Specialty Nurse Practitioner- Urology
Full-time APP needed for busy outpatient Urology clinic, that already has 2 APPs. In conjunction with the existing APPs, you will participate in all aspects of urologic patient outpatient care which includes:
- Independently seeing new patients, and following up with existing patients, both for in-person and telehealth visits
- EMR documentation following each visit, and for each patient interaction
- Communication with attendings regarding updates for their patients
- Prescribing of common urologic medications, and ordering lab work and imaging as appropriate
- Performing or assisting with outpatient procedures (for example: foley catheter placement or exchange, suprapubic catheter exchange, foley catheter irrigation)
- Performing Urodynamics testing independently. Pre-existing knowledge is a plus, otherwise education on this will be provided
- Returning patient calls related to pre-op or post-op questions, medication questions, or other concerns
- Calling patients with results of blood work, urine tests, pathology, or imaging
Schedule is full time, Monday through Friday. Clinic starts at 8:30am, and runs until 5pm, with an hour lunch from 12pm-1pm. Patients are seen every day, mornings and afternoons. There are no weekend requirements.
- Prefer an APP with prior urology experience (inpatient or outpatient), or with a minimum of 2 years of any clinical experience.
- Graduate of an accredited NP or PA program
- Board certified (ACNP or NCCPA certification)
- Virginia License